Other Region Upcoming Trip: Rubicon Trail Lake Tahoe, CA Sept 5-8th 2012

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Is it possible to put a thread on ignore? You guys are killing me.

This looks like it's going to be an epic trip, I'm so jealous.

That's 11 days on BST..... :rofl:

That's what happened in '98 for the first Rubicon Scramble. I had fuel pump issues all the way out there and missed the first day. Josh and I ended up driving in from the Tahoe side, down Cadillac Hill at midnight, found the Scrambler group at Rubicon Springs at about 3 or 4am. The fire was still going, and folks were still up.

Brett

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Still no answer. My shop chief said as of right now I can still have my leave but I can't leave the local area. Said he was going to speak to the Flight Chief so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow for an answer.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Still waiting. My supervisor is really jumping through some hoops to make this work for me. What really sucks is the whole not knowing for the sake of my plans with my family at the same time.

sixstringsteve

Well, yeah, I saw that at the beginning of the thread. I was just curious if you had a specific camp site selected or if we were just winging it.

I've never been there before, and I don't know which spots will be available and which won't, so that's the best I can do for now.

Westernhunter

Try as I may, I just cannot pull off this trip. I am so sad. This has been on my to do list forever, but my list just keeps getting longer. "Steve knows what I am talking about." hope you guys have a safe and memorable trip. I will be web wheeling with you.

No task is impossible by those who don't actually have to do it.