WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY? WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION? LETS TALK ABOUT IT!!!

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
pulled Sean's buggy out of the garage for the 1st time since WOTR with the new panels, modified JK hood, Boat Sides, black paint job, new dash, swappd out motor, metal brake lines, cleaned out crap wiring, new highsteer, hydro brakes, beadlocks/stickies and soooo much more!!! My cell phone pics don't do it justice, but what do ya think... sometimes it pays off to polish a turd. :D

Next up led's, rock lights and stereo... then he's deciding what do do for a snazzy grill section, front fender line to cut into it as noted with the yellow masking tape & organge accent stickers to come soon.
IMG_5612.jpgIMG_5628.jpgIMG_5617.jpg
IMG_5631.jpgIMG_5641.jpgIMG_5635.jpg

Last edited:

carsonc1974

Havent got much done in the last few months but thought I might share a little of what ive done recently...

Finally Finished the cab cage and am 95% on the engine cage... almost ready for the roof again
2013-03-17_18-12-56_979_zpscb435fbe.jpg
[/URL]

Got the stock dash back in... What a terrible job, worst part about this job. ignore the dirt, our shop doesn't keep the dust out well.
[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/madpballer/2013-03-17_18-12-30_630_zps2f248a48.jpg

Hood and fenders remounted

Bumper and lights finished

Seats mounted up! tight squeeze for such huge seats

I also got the rear end all cleaned up and ready for the 4 link. should have that in by the end of the week!

Last edited:

mombobuggy

Anyone else watching the new footage of the big meat run in disney oklahoma . my friends who went said three buggys climbed the bounty hill this year they were all running about 800 h.p. wow that hill makes some very bold drivers very nervous last year after attempting it bobby tanner said it was the scaryest thing he had ever attempted the hill is about an 80 degree incline. If you type in disney 2013 there are some cool new videos.

airmanwilliams

Was really looking forward to going out and wheeling saturday after my run but lowrangeoffroad gave me a front skid plate for a 2dr sidekick and not the 4dr so I still have no protection for my aluminum front diff.:mad:

Rock Taco

thanks!

Looks good, what size tires? I want to put some bigger tires on mine when its ready for new ones but not sure if I want to loose the mpg I just gained from the dpf delete and tune.

thanks, they are 37s 35s is what i would have preferred but this is what was on it. I still need to get more info about DPF deletes and tuners.

Beauty! The storm trooper twin of your Buddy's

I guess that would make him darth vader!

blznnp

went to the junk yard today, got a a good straight grill (ran over the last one), electric fans, headlight, then did some work. Just about done with my removable mud flaps, ground down and painted my front bumper last night. Have made some cheap fender flares type things, basically sheet metal screwed to the fender lips, but they look silly so they aren't on now. Couple pics.
WP_000766_zps492a7bdf.jpg

WP_000771_zpsed4776aa.jpg

WP_000770_zps9ab6659e.jpg

My son also decided that he want to work and fix his fire truck, he said something was wrong with the engine, said he thinks it was out of oil..
WP_000768_zpscf3870b5.jpg

WP_000767_zpsd9db0cbc.jpg

airmanwilliams

Anyone have the number for Metal Line Services? I need to reach a guy there and the only numbers I have found are 801-782-2211 and 385-782-2211 and neither works.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Swapped some portal gears and bearings from one axle shaft to the other... gotta love german engineering! I was already stressed to do this cause it was a bearing/gear/bearing configuration I have never delt with before and looked like a beeatch! Sooo, long story short, I got ahold of bronco mitch and we decided to just jump in head first... we ended up using a HF bearing splitter and 20ton press to perform the work. seemed to come off pretty good and I spent some extra time cleaning off the coating on the new old stock part before reassembling everything.

Wanted to show a solid axle inner axle shaft vs a stubby steerig axle shaft.
image0.jpgimage.jpg
They safety secured the ends with a peed screw and roll pin.
image1.jpgimage2.jpg

Thats the finished product, its a tad bit bigger than a 1410 u-joint.
image3.jpeg

big thanks to Mitch for spending the time to open up the shop and giving me the confidence and providing a second hand to help support my crazy wheeling habit.

So, I got done in time to mount up some new saddle bags off ebay, but then it snowed today!!!
IMG_5669.jpgIMG_5670.jpg

STAG

On my grind
My bender stand has an area for my tube roller as soon as I finish building my tube roller ha. It's just on the backburner for right now as I have no immediate need for it.

airmanwilliams

My bender stand has an area for my tube roller as soon as I finish building my tube roller ha. It's just on the backburner for right now as I have no immediate need for it.

I am very close to trying to either sell my bender for a jd2 and a roller or possibly trying to fab a mount on the side of mine to fit the roller next to it.