General Tech What did you work on Today?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Replaced the radiator in my F350 today. It blew out on the way home from goblin valley last month, and I forgot all about it until Sunday when I tried to drive it again.

Zac001

washed it ( never used a hose to spray the inside of a vehicle before!)

and took it to the shop to order fabric for the seats to be reupholstered

STAG

Had to re-align my door to get the weatherstripping to seal right.

0B4CAFC1-0C7F-4A05-83AA-2D2512A16BA3_zpsl8qdel73.jpg

ricsrx

While Hunter worked on his car, I worked on the Motorhome to get it ready for the season, I have to admit I have not put much into this rig since I got it many years ago, but the time is due.
started with a tune up, I just about gave up hope on getting one of the plugs out, I could barely get the plug wire off....
also installed some new belt, being a 94 and 65K miles on it the belts were the originals and looked pretty bad.
The gen never ran right so it didn't get used much, I pulled the carb off and cleaned it up just to find out that rebuild kits are no longer available.... but new carbs are at a smokin deal of $400 bones. so I pounded some gaskets and put it back together, while I had the gen lowered to work on it, it fired every time and ran great, as soon as I got it bolted in it would not start and finally started and ran like crap. after some foul language... I found the electric fuel pump was going bad, and was probably the problem all these years.... Installed an new pump on the frame rail, the stock pump are another$$$$.
I also ordered new rotors and pads

In the first vid you can see my bomb waiting to go off with the jury rigged pump and fuel leaking.....

the second vid was to show how smooth the gen was running after it was all together

OB1

Used my winch and pulled a dead tree out of the ground in front of the house.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399317010.497186.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399317026.429234.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399317040.763133.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rholbrook

I had to replace the two batteries in my boat today. Even with my hookup I paid $93 each for the Marine Deep Cell. Can't complain, I got more than lucky with the original set. Its time to get wet.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I refurbished this old Wilton vise today. It was missing a jaw and one of the little T-handle knobs that pinch down its turn table.

Photo617.jpg

It takes one punch, hammer and Phillips screwdriver to completely disassemble.
Photo618.jpg

Missing a jaw. I had to drill and tap new holes in the vise to hold the jaw on.
Photo619.jpg

After going thru the parts washer
Photo620.jpg

Primed.
Here you can see I just used nuts instead of them damn little T-handle knobs that never get it tight enough not to move unless you hammer the shit out of them.
Photo621.jpg

Missing jaw I fabrimacatted. Factory is 5/8 and I only had 3/4 flat bar to make it out of. f it its just a vise.
Photo623.jpg

TaDa!! I wanted hot pink but wally world didn't have any and this was their second girlyest color. It looks darker in the pics for some reason.
Photo622.jpg