General Tech What did you work on Today?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Didn't they send you overseas yet?

Close, the job I'm going to over there got better though and I get to take the family with me...I honestly can't leave soon enough.

To keep with the tradition of the thread I did a few inspections on some missiles today...sounds way cooler than it actually is.

Troop92

Three weeks ago - finished my seat swap.

Two weeks ago - changed out all fluids and repacked bearings on trailer.

Last week - it ran flawlessly to/from scout camp with 5 aboard towing the trailer.

This week - fixed, welded, and painted my new-to-me roof rack.

Last edited:

McFate

A few days ago I was working on getting my tailgate window to lower and then actually being able to lower the gate itself. That all works now, so if I have the time when I get home tonight, I'll be replacing the airbag clock spring so that I can have a horn and airbag again. (And hopefully pass safety inspection to register this thing.)

1low4x4

Started to fit my ionic glass fenders, rattle canned them so they aren't to ugly until I can finish them and have them painted....also threw on some hub centric rings. Tomorrow is detail day :)

airmanwilliams

After 13 hours at work today I came home to try and start the reseal and painting project on my new tent trailer and got so fed up with the little scraper I was using to take the sealant off that I found that an angle grinder and a wire wheel make for a fast take off time.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I finally got a new motor for my big antique Gardner Denver air compressor. 5 hp motors aren't cheap but I found a good deal on ebay. I had to make a sleeve adapter so the original pulley would fit. I went ahead and changed the motor oil, added a longer drain pipe to it so the oil doesn't leak all down the side when draining it, added a drain to the bottom with a ball valve instead of the just the old pipe plug, rerouted the intake, replaced the gauge, and started a crude shelter for it.

It was made in 1951 and ran a local service station near by. It still pumps hella air and is really quite.

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

Troop92

After two trips to O'Reilly (casting issues on the first, didn't fit), I replaced my alternator. 5th one in 3 years. Thanks, Isuzu, for your poor design placement.

While tightening the belt, looked back to see a puddle under my rear diff, and then upon further investigation, this...

Yeah, that's my drain plug, or what's left of it, anyway. Must have hit it when wheeling Friday. Hoping I can fish the remainder out of the fill hole, and hoping against hope that my threads aren't jacked. Hitting a salvage yard for a drain plug this evening, weather permitting....

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Stuffed some Deviant-lights behind the grill of the pickup.

20141029_130330_zpsienoqhja.jpg

20141029_132122_zpsbedvvttt.jpg

I'm kinda wishing they weren't quite so visible back there when they're off and thinking about getting a can of spray tint to darken them just a touch. What do you guys think?

Troop92

Stuffed some Deviant-lights behind the grill of the pickup. I'm kinda wishing they weren't quite so visible back there when they're off and thinking about getting a can of spray tint to darken them just a touch. What do you guys think?

I think they look good, man. Mine sit behind my grill, and I had the same hangup at first but now I love it.