General Tech What did you work on Today?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Nice! I just picked up another printer myself!
Iā€™m battling between picking up a printer or a cricut. I have some RCFS money to spend to lighten my tax burden (taxation is theft) so Iā€™m thinking MacBook plus one of those two. I like the idea of making stickers and shirts so Iā€™m leaning towards cricut. Plus Iā€™ll be like an honorary stay-at-home mom.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I made two more pens last week but used some C110 copper for these. Made a matching set for my son and DIL.

View attachment 155316

View attachment 155317

View attachment 155318

View attachment 155319

View attachment 155320View attachment 155321

View attachment 155322

View attachment 155323

Then afterwards I conducted a thorough cleaning of the shop before the Christmas holiday.

I then decided to record an updated shot and toolbox tour and post it to my channel.

Thanks for looking.
Those pens look awesome. Did you anodize the copper?

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Commenced work on my son's LB7 last night. Replacement of hte oil cooler with a larger cooler from a 2020+ L5P Duramax.

Truck racked and coolant draining while my son pulled the driver's front tire/wheel, inner fender and hot pipe from the turbo to the intercooler.
dmax1.jpg

Oil cooler ready to be fished out of the engine bay after lowering the front axle about an inch and a half creating just a bit more space to maneuver the old one out and the new larger cooler back in.
dmax2.jpg

Coolant elbow removed.
dmax3.jpg

Leak found. The gasket at the connection between the cooler elbow and the bell housing seems to have failed.
dmax4.jpg

Old LB7 cooler removed along with the coolant tube from the water pump.
dmax5.jpg

He purchased the new L5P cooler in kit form from Banks. Kit came with new 19-plate L5P cooler from a 2020+ Duramax, a new Baldwin oil filter and all relaced seals, gaskets and fasteners.
dmax6.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mike

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Not necessarily automotive, but it has a diesel engine, is 4 wheel drive and is equipped with 5 ton Rockwell axles. šŸ˜‰

This machine dropped the drive shaft a couple weeks ago and broke the pinion gear at the input. I had the center section swapped out the following day, but needed a custom drive shaft, which took some time.

It's finally all back together and ready to work plowing snow, just in time from the looks of it.

20221228_124336.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

It's finally all back together and ready to work plowing snow, just in time from the looks of it.

View attachment 155356

@Greg does that thing spread ballast or what does it do?

It's a snow fighter, or plow... like the last sentence says. šŸ˜‰

It primarily gets uses in the Glenwood Canyon, keeping the tracks open for hyrail vehicles, clearing snow slides and making Winter walking easier, if some unlucky conductor has to walk the length of his train after an emergency.

The territory further up the mountain has 2 more, with one being a massive Pike plow... made in Canada. It has a huge Cummins 8.3 driving it. Mine has a worn out Detroit 4-53 supercharged 2 stroke.