General Tech What did you work on Today?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Clutch replacement is the primary goal. Plus wheel bearings and a few other "while we're in there" things. My daughter is helping, since she drives the car almost as much as I do. 😁
Drop the whole rear end to replace the clutch……there is an engineer somewhere laughing right now.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I finally swapped the Rubicon steel modular bumper onto our Gladiator today, with the old winch from Britney.

IMG_7731.jpeg
I used one of Brennan Metcalf’s HOSS fairleads. These fairleads are rather nice, as they are radiused on the inside as well as the exterior to protect the rope from any sharp angles. It requires trimming the opening to fit the fairlead, but the advantage is worth it.

This is the back of the fairlead, inside the winch bumper.
IMG_7742.jpegIMG_7744.jpeg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Airbags for the JT.

IMG_7758.jpeg

Added a power port to the bed of the JT for the fridge. I’m not crazy about how this came out. It’s in a deep hole due to the Decked drawers, so difficult to reach. I used the OEM dummy plug for the vehicle inverter that our JT didn’t come with. It ended up warping. I’ll try and church it up at a later time.

IMG_7771.jpegIMG_7772.jpeg

STAG

On my grind
Airbags for the JT.

View attachment 173842

Added a power port to the bed of the JT for the fridge. I’m not crazy about how this came out. It’s in a deep hole due to the Decked drawers, so difficult to reach. I used the OEM dummy plug for the vehicle inverter that our JT didn’t come with. It ended up warping. I’ll try and church it up at a later time.

View attachment 173843View attachment 173844
You’re not missing anything with the OEM inverter by the way. 400w ain’t enough.

1969honda

Supporting Member
My 14 year old son scored a 16hp used go kart for cheap the other day.
He's already replaced bearings in the rear wheels, found a bent front spindle and swapped an old Beard seat on with sliders.
1000009799.jpg
His first ride he identified it needs a wheel base increase, a different steering setup, better brakes and the kill switch relocated from the motor cover. Tie rods also contact the frame and the front shocks rub on the upper A arms.

Several of the welded areas concern me that I'll address along the way. He's putting in all the work, and currently reading Race Car Engineering to better understand the effects of caster, camber and toe in.

1000009798.jpg

STAG

On my grind
My 14 year old son scored a 16hp used go kart for cheap the other day.
He's already replaced bearings in the rear wheels, found a bent front spindle and swapped an old Beard seat on with sliders.
View attachment 173965
His first ride he identified it needs a wheel base increase, a different steering setup, better brakes and the kill switch relocated from the motor cover. Tie rods also contact the frame and the front shocks rub on the upper A arms.

Several of the welded areas concern me that I'll address along the way. He's putting in all the work, and currently reading Race Car Engineering to better understand the effects of caster, camber and toe in.

View attachment 173967
Awesome project. That things got potential.