General Tech What did you work on Today?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Bryson is trouble. Bryson is an instigator. Bryson will give you bad ideas, and then somehow makes you think you can pull it off.

In his defense, this isn't terrible. It's an absolute hackjob, but it's not terrible.

I needed drawers in the back of the New Bastard. You lose a little space, but the organization they provide is essential for a spaz like me. These were in the back of the Excursion, but too big for the LX. Commercial setups start at $1000 and go up from there, and I didn't really feel like getting out the tablesaw, so I decided to hack these up and make them fit. My original plan was to plastic weld the join, but basically freehanding the cuts did not lead to nice tight tolerances so I changed tack and spliced them with aluminum strap. The first one went back together with pop rivets because I wanted the really low profile, but if I never touch a pop rivet again it'll be too soon. The second one was put together with nuts and bolts, and I came in after the fact with a grinding wheel so they wouldn't snag the drawers. Then I had to take a couple slices out of the sides to get them to fit between the wheel wells, and I replaced the scrap plywood with good stuff and actually bothered to stain and seal it. This is definitely not the Excursion - there will be just barely enough room to lay down. Putting on pants is going to be interesting, and sitting up absolutely out of the question. But it will work, and I utterly adore not having to mess with a tent in camp so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Once I put the tools away it was time for a fresh RME sticker, along with a couple others that have been looking for a nice flat spot to live on.

1717622923505.png1717622935652.png1717622949259.png1717622967289.png1717622980869.png1717622996293.png

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Is that an actual mill? Looks more like a Cnc router from what I can see. If it’s a router then it’s super impressive.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Discount tire wouldn’t patch the nail hole because it was sidewall adjacent so I drove it hole and put two plugs in from my arb kit I’ve had for ten years. I was worried it was still going to leak but it seemed to hold all night and on the errands she needed to run today.

Also, I just want to say having psi readings on the dash is pretty slick. My truck will even chirp the horn when I’m adding air to let me know there is enough.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Fixed a pipe noteworthy enough to share with y'all yesterday...these freaking hard Enduro guys are ROUGH on their equipment...
Before and afters:
20240613_103515.jpg20240613_111235.jpg20240613_103519.jpg20240613_111244.jpg20240613_103524.jpg20240613_111248.jpg

Last time they invited me to ride with them; I about 🤢🤮 from exertion and I'm used to 4hr races 🥵 next level stuff.

JeeperG

Okay so after a line failure last Sunday (I don't think the ferrule smashed down on the line good enough)
1000006804.jpg
Changed the AN fittings to 120° and rebuilt back a little.
1000006894.jpg
I think I already washed most the ATF off everything underneath, made a hell of a mess, was burning on the exhaust. Also had to replace the heat wrap as it soaked in ATF.
1000006896.jpg
Had an outer axle seal leaking too so I changed that out while it was down.
1000006845.jpg
A little bit of suspension/clearance issues on the rear when it articulates and the upper link bracket contacts the bed wood, resulted in a huge crack, well address this later.
1000006848.jpg

I'll go test her a little later, anyone with a trailer near the phone? 😄

NYCEGUY01

Yesterday spent about 8 hrs working on my Denali crewcab project.
Ive had it for a little while and it needed some help.
Ive had the wheel and tire setup for a while as well as a bunch of other parts I picked up for it.

Finally broke down and dropped in 2/4 with spindles for the front and shackles / block removal on the rear.
New Bilsteins shocks in the front and Belltech sport shocks on the rear.
Also put on the 2022 big 4 piston front and rear brake setup with much bigger rotors.

Still needs a cam, converter, and exhaust installed but I was out of time yesterday for any more projects and I was outside as the garage has another project in 5000 pieces still...

Looks a ton better now. Its a heavy pig but Im digging it. Has every option offered back then along with a LQ9 6.0 and its AWD. No burnouts but worth the trade off for tons of traction...

gmc.jpg