General Tech What did you work on Today?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Little more work on Todd’s Jeep. The driver side exhaust was hanging too low and interfered with the new spring hanger position. I pulled the ancient exhaust and used my rusty metal welding magic to shorten it.
IMG_8079.jpeg

Ready to return to duty 1.75” higher.

IMG_8080.jpeg

Then I started the process to figure out what and where the shackles would end up looking like.

Without weight…

IMG_8083.jpeg

With weight on the springs…
IMG_8087.jpeg

IMG_8091.jpegIMG_8092.jpeg
So I cut 1.25” off of the frame horns. I figured I would have to do this, so no surprise.

With the shortened horns and shackle hangers tacked in place, but no weight on the springs…
IMG_8097.jpeg

I think that’s where they’ll end up. Gotta pull it all off and fabricobble some kind of tie plate and bumper thinger, then add the shackle hangers back on.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Also, I ran the AC in the garage all night last night so I could get out in the garage early. This worked quite well, and it was almost too cold in there at around 10 am.

IMG_8078.jpeg

This temp is a little higher than actual room temperature. It hangs on my south wall, which gets pretty roast in full sun.

rholbrook

The story of my life

My wife always says that. My response is that if I can’t touch the bottom it’s my fault, but if I cannot reach the sides it is her fault.
I can’t wait to get in trouble for this comment. Thank you. Looks like I will come able to go for a ride this week because she won’t want me around. Thank you

Corban_White

He's like a mountain-bike-building Luke Skywalker.

The force is definitely strong with this one.

Sooooo.... super slack with 170mm travel fork??? 😉

We are guessing we went from 74ish to 70ish, plus whatever changing from a rigid fork to a ~130mm suspension fork will do. Won't really know until I get it put together, which will probably be a while still.