Where is this? The game...

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Kind of looks like it could be near Capitol Reef? I've never seen that though

You are to far south. Most of you have probably been in the approximate vicinity of this area. Give me the name of the area and you get bonus points if you can name the butte in the background.

Have we stumped roverrocks?

roverrocks

You are to far south. Most of you have probably been in the approximate vicinity of this area. Give me the name of the area and you get bonus points if you can name the butte in the background.

Have we stumped roverrocks?
Yes you stumped me. Looks somewhere near Price. I'd like to go where ever it is I know that.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
South of Price.....North of Capitol Reef. Twice as close to Capitol Reef as it is to Price. Here are a coupld of pics that show a different view of the horizon.

DSCF1739.jpg

DSCF1738.jpg

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Looks like it could be near Huntington or Castle Dale.....

Your still to far north. This location is closer to Capitol Reef than it is Castle Dale. Keep in mind that price is twice as far away from this location than Capitol Reef. Like I said before, many of you have been in the "vicinity", probably just further east.

DAA

Supporting Member
I don't really know. Couldn't help thinking that must be where Charles Watterson's horse must have been buried though :D.

Somewhere around Mussentuchit flat maybe?

- DAA

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I don't really know. Couldn't help thinking that must be where Charles Watterson's horse must have been buried though :D.

Somewhere around Mussentuchit flat maybe?

- DAA

We have a winner. Do you know the name of the knoll in the background? Its named after what it looks like.

roverrocks

One of the Robber's Roost canyons that feed into the Dirty Devil possibly?? That's a guess. Looks like maybe the San Raphael Reef in the upper right in the top photo?

DAA

Supporting Member
Getting close. This is downstream from the Roost canyons. That is the San Raphael Reef in upper right, with Factory Butte visible.

- DAA