Where is this? The game...

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
Without going off-topic alot here, can you see those mesas and the center formations along the I-15? I was heading home from California and noticed all that in the picture above from the Freeway.

You must be talking about glimpses of Zion National Park and views of the mesas to the east as you approach St. George.

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
Where was this taken from and what is the mountain range in the distance?

Looking at the countours of the terrain under the snow, looks like it was taken from the general vicinity of Hidden Canyon, w/ the LaSals in the background?

roverrocks

Looking at the countours of the terrain under the snow, looks like it was taken from the general vicinity of Hidden Canyon, w/ the LaSals in the background?
You are correct. Those are the LaSal Mtns in the background. Picture taken from the southern tunnel entrance of Tusher Tunnel which is very close to Hidden Canyon. You're up.

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
Yes, Deep Creeks.
Looks like your just a notch to the north of getting the higher peak in view right. Back at ya. :)

roverrocks

How about a Colorado mountain scene from 3 days ago on July 4. What is the name of the valley I am coming down and what high pass did I come over at the head of this valley?

Attachments

• July4,2011 Colorado .jpg
    July4,2011 Colorado .jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 23

roverrocks

I knew you would get it right away Greg. I'm sitting in California Gulch heading towards Animas Forks after having come over California Pass. You're up.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I knew you would get it right away Greg. I'm sitting in California Gulch heading towards Animas Forks after having come over California Pass. You're up.

:rofl: I think most of the Utahans here wouldn't have gotten it, so the cards were stacked in my favor. ;) Beautiful valley, that's for sure!

Ok.... let me see what I can dig up.

Greg

Admin
Ok... Where? Yes, in Utah.

663186913JR2Fj-L-L.jpg

roverrocks

Looks kind of like the Yellow Mountain ridgeline above Trout Lake south of Telluride but I know you said it is in Utah so I say the La Sal Mountains below Geyser Pass.

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
Looks kind of like the Yellow Mountain ridgeline above Trout Lake south of Telluride but I know you said it is in Utah so I say the La Sal Mountains below Geyser Pass.

Correct on the La Sals and you've got the location spot on! Had to do a bit of hiking to get to this spot, but it offered a great view.

You're up again!