Why does RME have a negative reputation?

Bone Down

kruzr69 said:
I have never heard anything bad about this board either. It has helped me out alot throughout my buildup. People have always helped when I had questions.
I like the idea of a gathering too. A day of wheeling and a BBQ would be cool.
Tony

I was thinking this exact same thing, who does not like a good BBQ after a day of hanging out with friends????

Medsker

2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
britney said:
You've got over 3000 members. That's a lot of people that thought this place was not only worth checking out, but worth registering in.

Isn't the rule something like for every 10 goods there is 1 bad, but the only thing people hear about is the bad.

So mathmatically you have 300 retards and 2700 happy customers that aren't talking.
Therefore........RME Rocks and I'm just here for the Chit-Chat.

(Is it time for a party?)

Your rock Britney!!!

Medsker

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Shawn said:
One of the main things that helped build RME and its long time memebrs are the trail rides we used to do. It seemed like there was alot of envolvment with some of the senior members here. Now, most of them never post that they are going out for a trail ride, they just kinda show up or go out with out telling others. Or for that matter have sold there ride....We used to have 20+ rigs doing a single trail, I remember when Rattle Snake used to take almost all day. There are still alot of trail rides, but I run into more none RME member than RME members.

We need to put together a "Rock Off" have a place to wheel, BBQ, and a raffle. Maybe some sponcers can show up and help with the cost. I also think that name tags need to be worn so we know who you are by your user name.

This would be a great day for peopel to see who you are, check out your ride, bullsh!t, and just hang out.

Just my $1.00

That's a really good idea

Medsker

2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
The biggest problem with get togethers is no one shows. I mean just like Providence Canyon last week. That is a great ride with lots of great scenery, some challenging obstacles and plenty of places to play. Lots of people showed interest but when it came right down to it hardly anyone showed up. We talked about that up there, how hard it is to get people out wheeling. It could be that Andrew and I aren't in the popular group but I'd sure like to figure out some way to get people to just get up and go. Any Ideas? Are people just to busy?

Medsker

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
OCNORB said:
I've seldom heard much negative about RME and when I did it surprised me. I asked the person why he felt the way he did about it, and as it turns out he never really spent much time here but "UhHHHh, I heard that it is controlled by the vendors " and in the next breath "I have sold a few things on there." His biggest complaint was that everyone on here is so damn cheap!! :rofl: (Myslef included)

I set him straight that Greg didn't vend anything and just had a higher set of standards than a lot of the 4x4 site guys out there. (Which is what most folks like.)
I think that the inside jokes can make some people feel like "outsiders" and nobody likes to feel that way.

Don't sweat it Greg! You will always have some critics.

The vendor thing is funny. We've made an effort to make it fair across the board. In the past RME kinda had an 'open season' for the vendors, they had alot of freedom & some took advantage of that freedom.

I'm way cheap & I'll admit it! Hope I didn't set the standard! :greg:

Greg

Admin
Shawn said:
One of the main things that helped build RME and its long time memebrs are the trail rides we used to do. It seemed like there was alot of envolvment with some of the senior members here. Now, most of them never post that they are going out for a trail ride, they just kinda show up or go out with out telling others. Or for that matter have sold there ride....We used to have 20+ rigs doing a single trail, I remember when Rattle Snake used to take almost all day. There are still alot of trail rides, but I run into more none RME member than RME members.

We need to put together a "Rock Off" have a place to wheel, BBQ, and a raffle. Maybe some sponcers can show up and help with the cost. I also think that name tags need to be worn so we know who you are by your user name.

This would be a great day for peopel to see who you are, check out your ride, bullsh!t, and just hang out.

Just my $1.00

I like the ideas Shawn... I wanted to get to a point where we had a handful of RME Trips thruout the year, but a lack of a rig & alot of other stuff prevented that happening on my end.

Mabey we should have a specific individual setup & plan RME trips...? Something simple, Rattlesnake one month, Moab the next?

Caleb

I really hope some of the members that dont care for RME will post-up. I lurk a TON on the other local boards, especially when RME is mentioned and most the time the ones that say this or that about RME are those that don't stick aroudn to try it out, they may register and decide they dont like it. Not that every one else's opinions dont matter :D I really would like to hear from those that have issues with the place. I do my best to get along with everyone, and as said it is the internet...I hope people dont get offended that easily. The last thing I want this place to be is a mini-PBB, if anyone feels I personally have drove it that direction at all please post-up and tell me so. :)

(maybe this question would be better asked on the other forums since those that dont like RME prolly aren't here :p )

I like the idea of doing a get together, even if it doesn't involve wheeling -_- or even if it does...

Greg

Admin
I'm sure most of the comments have come from those who lurk or don't use the forum that often. I too would like to hear from that side.

Bone Down

Medsker said:
The biggest problem with get togethers is no one shows. I mean just like Providence Canyon last week. That is a great ride with lots of great scenery, some challenging obstacles and plenty of places to play. Lots of people showed interest but when it came right down to it hardly anyone showed up. We talked about that up there, how hard it is to get people out wheeling. It could be that Andrew and I aren't in the popular group but I'd sure like to figure out some way to get people to just get up and go. Any Ideas? Are people just to busy?

Medsker
I wanted to go pretty bad, but I had way to much going on that I had to do before taking off to St Anthony's for this weekend. Which is why I did not post up on the topic. I had to finish putting together the banshee and start loading the trailer up as I had to move it out of the way today so that the concrete guys could have free roam of my driveway that needed some spots repaired (7 new yards of mud was poured today).

I do hear yah though when i did finally decide to try out the snakes lilsamiman and illpullyaout and the guy with the montero were only a small few that showed up and of all the other people that were there none of them heard of RME and I told them all to get on here and check it out.

Greg said:
I like the ideas Shawn... I wanted to get to a point where we had a handful of RME Trips thruout the year, but a lack of a rig & alot of other stuff prevented that happening on my end.

Mabey we should have a specific individual setup & plan RME trips...? Something simple, Rattlesnake one month, Moab the next?

First off, Greg, you have done a great thing with RME and both my hubby (Yellowbronco) and I always enjoy the site. Thank you for the time and effort you put into it!

Secondly, I would love to see a Moab trip because we live in a small Colorado town where the idea of wheeling is generally having TWO hick sticks on your truck and going out to get stuck in the boondocks. To escape this horrible exsistence, we go to Moab quite a bit but 9 times out of 10 end up wheeling by ourselves. So, if there was ever an RME run or anything in Moab, we would be all for it!

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I've never felt unwelcome here, even though I don't know many of you. I think the site is great Greg. I would also love ot get together for a "meet and greet" of sorts with a little wheeling and some charred mammal flesh.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I've never heard anything bad about RME either Greg. POR does have a lot of useful tech in its archives, but RME is much friendlier (and still has great tech).

I think that a day of wheelin' and bbq would be a blast too.

Nate

O'neal

?????????
I've been around for quite awhile,met some really good people and have yet to come down and play on some of the trail's you UT folk have around.I got to get out and try something new other than WY and moab.So setup a trip and i'll come wheel my pile :D
This site is by far the best hand's down in my opinion,I dont care what anybody say's.Keep up the good work! :D

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
The only negitives I have heard come from those who have a beef with someone here....or from those that have been banned.
This is the world we live in and you'll never make everyone happy!!
I tend to be friendlier here than in person :D
Do those forums have the membership this one does?
I have a feling there are a few vocal people on those boards, that have a bone to pick and sound off about it.....As alway there are sheeple that will follow them....

Don't let it get to you Greg. You have built the best board on the net and we love you for it....
Big Hug :rofl:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Idea generator:

How bout we have an organized run out to Rattlesnake/Con. We can take groups up there, hang out, have a grill goin down near the entrance to rattlesnake etc. Cook up some burgers, or maybe the RME gods can donate the meat for the grill. This can also be combined with the much needed trail cleanup in the area. Maybe have some fliers on hand about RME, what we do, resposible land use etc, and pass them out to people who pass by going on up the trail. Do like a 12-6 type 'official' event where the grill is staffed, and then some people can stay later and we can make it into a camp out.

idea generator off

Cody

FWIW, I bet at least half of the people that don't like RME don't like it because of me. :greg: I mean really, is there any group I haven't taken a cheap shot at yet?

Caleb

Cody said:
Idea generator:

How bout we have an organized run out to Rattlesnake/Con. We can take groups up there, hang out, have a grill goin down near the entrance to rattlesnake etc. Cook up some burgers, or maybe the RME gods can donate the meat for the grill. This can also be combined with the much needed trail cleanup in the area. Maybe have some fliers on hand about RME, what we do, resposible land use etc, and pass them out to people who pass by going on up the trail. Do like a 12-6 type 'official' event where the grill is staffed, and then some people can stay later and we can make it into a camp out.

idea generator off

Cody

I like this idea...awareness is what its about :D (both our public lands and the awesome board we have). I will also volunteer to help man the grill (since I currently dont have a rig to go wheeling with).

Cody said:
FWIW, I bet at least half of the people that don't like RME don't like it because of me. :greg: I mean really, is there any group I haven't taken a cheap shot at yet?

Bastard, you're the reason I avoid this place like the plague -_-

:rofl: