Your Pic of The Day

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
California is a garbage state but I don’t mind visiting for a handful of days per year.

Same here. Earlier this month I spent a week in the LA valley--a few days in Hollywood so the wife could see some sights (she's never been there), then three days in the Disney parks. We drove down, and due to necessary cargo plus passenger requirements, we had to take my 8.1L Suburban... all 12.79 mpg of it. But it sure did drive great.

Speaking of gas prices, CA has a huge variance in prices from station to station. I did some internet searching before fueling in Anaheim, and I lucked out and found a station at $4.99 per gallon. I thought that wasn't too bad, since directly across the street was another station with a posted price of $6.59. These were both for regular unleaded.

Oh, and if gas is gonna be this expensive, can we up the financial limit for a single transaction? At the above-mentioned station, I figured I'd bite the bullet and just fill up. But at $125.00 the pump clicked off. Doing some mental math, I knew we would be fine to get to Arizona and my next fuel stop, so I just hopped back in and hit the road. I casually mentioned this to my passengers.

Me: "With these prices, you'd think they would raise the per-transaction limit so a guy could fill his tank."
Passenger 1: "What did it stop you at?"
Me: "$125.00"
Passenger 1: (incredulous) "You just put $125 of gasoline in the tank?"
Me: "Yep."
Passenger 2: (even more incredulous) "And that didn't fill it up???"
Me: "Nope."

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Same here. Earlier this month I spent a week in the LA valley--a few days in Hollywood so the wife could see some sights (she's never been there), then three days in the Disney parks. We drove down, and due to necessary cargo plus passenger requirements, we had to take my 8.1L Suburban... all 12.79 mpg of it. But it sure did drive great.

Speaking of gas prices, CA has a huge variance in prices from station to station. I did some internet searching before fueling in Anaheim, and I lucked out and found a station at $4.99 per gallon. I thought that wasn't too bad, since directly across the street was another station with a posted price of $6.59. These were both for regular unleaded.

Oh, and if gas is gonna be this expensive, can we up the financial limit for a single transaction? At the above-mentioned station, I figured I'd bite the bullet and just fill up. But at $125.00 the pump clicked off. Doing some mental math, I knew we would be fine to get to Arizona and my next fuel stop, so I just hopped back in and hit the road. I casually mentioned this to my passengers.

Me: "With these prices, you'd think they would raise the per-transaction limit so a guy could fill his tank."
Passenger 1: "What did it stop you at?"
Me: "$125.00"
Passenger 1: (incredulous) "You just put $125 of gasoline in the tank?"
Me: "Yep."
Passenger 2: (even more incredulous) "And that didn't fill it up???"
Me: "Nope."
I wanted to fill up in St George but the wife said Fillmore then Vegas. We were in a hurry to exit Vegas so we filled up in Primm for $6.xx. Bunch of commies.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
It’s not beautiful but it’s delicious! I never knew how hard it was to make the dough just hold an effin round shape. At least my 10 y/o says it’s the best pizza he’s ever had 🤣IMG_2012.jpeg
The bread machine made the dough super easy too. Literally put the ingredients in and tell it to go.

#nsmoothwantsallthegluten