Your Pic of The Day

XJEEPER

The Walmart Neighborhood Market a few blocks from my house added a fuel stop back in Sept. Fuel prices has trended to be $.10 a gal lower than average and if you use the Walmart app to buy at the pump, it applies a $.10 per gal discount. Nice to see fuel prices nearing the $2.50 a gal range.....but they should be about $1.75/gal.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
but they should be about $1.75/gal.
Curious where you're getting that value from... The NYMEX futures are trading at $2.1895 not including freight and tax. The lowest wholesale price in SLC is $2.2617 not including freight and 50 cents in tax.

Prices are falling, but for the street to get to $1.75 the NYMEX would have to be under $1.00 a gallon and Crude would need to be less than $40 per barrel. I don't see that happening without a MAJOR global recession. Demand is too strong globally for prices to drop that far.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
One of the South Jordan Walmarts had a gas station put in. That was a surprise to me. When did Walmart get in the gasoline game?
I'm not sure I can remember the last time I saw a full size Walmart that didn't have a gas station. Is this one of the little neighborhood grocery Walmarts?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Walmart uses some kind of vendor like Murphy’s to run their fuel stations. They’ve had them for a long time in some places (more than 15 years) but are pushing to get them installed in as many places as possible.

The Walmart + program gives you 10 cents off per gallon at all WM fuel stations. The advertised price this morning at my local store is $2.85. All WM Associates get a free Walmart + account as a benefit. Managers have to pay for Walmart +.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Walmart uses some kind of vendor like Murphy’s to run their fuel stations. They’ve had them for a long time in some places (more than 15 years) but are pushing to get them installed in as many places as possible.

The Walmart + program gives you 10 cents off per gallon at all WM fuel stations. The advertised price this morning at my local store is $2.85. All WM Associates get a free Walmart + account as a benefit. Managers have to pay for Walmart +.
That would make sense considering Walmart+ gets you a discount at Murphy stations. They also expanded the discount to Exxon stations a while back.

That's funny they include a $13 service for associates but say nahhhh to managers :rofl:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
It's a good day when I see anything over 7mpg in my 6.2. If I keep it under 65, with a tail wind, maybe 8mpg.

We did a trip to St George in the wind, could hardly hit 60-65 mph, and saw less than 4mpg.

How do you get such poor mileage?
Maybe you need a tune up? Or does it have lower gears than mine?
I text you what I got the other day.
My 6.2 got 12.768 mpg towing my 6x12 square box trailer full of bikes 80 mph to Lynndyl and back, then empty to Spanish fork and back home with a trailer 80mph.
My truck usually gets 11-12 everywhere. Loaded, unloaded, trailer no trailer, it'll get 13 or 14 IF I stay under 65 but only on the highway.

I did put a slightly smaller, narrower, smoother tire on 2 weeks ago.
By my hand calculations I've been getting about a 1mpg improvement.
It was cheaper to get 20" King Ranch wheels with new 275/65r20 Cooper Discovery AT3s than another set of new 325/65r18 Goodyear Territory MTs.

They are not a bad looking factory Ford wheel IMO.
Screenshot_20231106_155129_Facebook.jpg

20231106_162334~2.jpg20231106_172041.jpg
Screenshot_20231107_164911_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
My 6.2 got 12.768 mpg towing my 6x12 square box trailer full of bikes 80 mph to Lynndyl and back, then empty to Spanish fork and back home with a trailer 80mph.
My truck usually gets 11-12 everywhere. Loaded, unloaded, trailer no trailer, it'll get 13 or 14 IF I stay under 65 but only on the highway.

It was cheaper to get 20" King Ranch wheels with new 275/65r20 Cooper Discovery AT3s than another set of new 325/65r18 Goodyear Territory MTs.

View attachment 166692

View attachment 166689View attachment 166690
View attachment 166691
The narrower tire is a lot less rolling resistance.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner

View attachment 166692

View attachment 166689View attachment 166690
View attachment 166691

We do have different gearing. But also, I’m towing a 40’ camper, with 2 SxS’s up above the cab of my truck. The amount of wind I am pushing is redonkulous. Once I get over 50mph or so, all my energy is spent pushing wind. A very slight headwind makes a huge difference. Slows me way down and sends my revs way up.
A good tail wind, and I’m pushing 80 in 6th gear no issue.
A strong head or cross wind, I ought as well pull a mortgage on the home to cover costs.

Most often I am mid gear 4th-bottom of 5th. If I can hold 5th I’m happy.. but it doesn’t usually last long.
Any wind at all, I’m full revs in 3rd.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Gees, pumps around my house are still showing $3.79 for regular. My trucks is thirsty for premium too. 😕