Your Pic of The Day

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I was broadsided on Riverdale road. I had a green light, lady in a Mercury grand marquis hit me on the passenger side; she ran the red light. She never hit the brakes, was going around 50 mph. None of the body panels fit correctly any more. Passenger side side air bag went off. Rear axle is about 3 inches to the passenger side more than the drivers. Not sure I liked this repaired, probably better to be totalled. I got it on dash cam (not real exciting). Another car on the opposite side got it on dash cam too.

Lady said she had a "medical episode." She ran to me shortly after the accident and asked if I was alright and apologized. She said it was totally her fault. She had insurance.

I got checked out at the ER. Got a nice bruise across my chest from the seat belt and my back is tight. I was recovering from a lower back spasm from Monday morning...its worse now.

I wait for insurance now.

View attachment 175516View attachment 175517

My new steps are trashed....

Insurance has determined it a total loss.

We stopped by the body shop yesterday that has the gladiator to pull the non-oem parts. We were able to get the Tazer, pedal commander and the tonneau cover.

The body shop showed us how bad the frame is bent. Also, the tub is sitting about 2 inches to the drivers side versus the frame. A repair would require a new frame, and depending on how the body mounts are distorted, most of the passenger side and floor of the tub. The insurance company didn't need to hear anything after the frame replacement part to total it.

The dash shows multiple issues besides the airbag - the engine won't run (probably fuel cut off), and even shows a 4x4 fault. Looks like a big job to repair.

I have started looked at some '23 Gladiator Rubicon diesels; still a few new ones out there that sat on dealer lots waiting for the fuel pump replacement. Going to wait to see how the buy back goes first

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Insurance has determined it a total loss.

We stopped by the body shop yesterday that has the gladiator to pull the non-oem parts. We were able to get the Tazer, pedal commander and the tonneau cover.

The body shop showed us how bad the frame is bent. Also, the tub is sitting about 2 inches to the drivers side versus the frame. A repair would require a new frame, and depending on how the body mounts are distorted, most of the passenger side and floor of the tub. The insurance company didn't need to hear anything after the frame replacement part to total it.

The dash shows multiple issues besides the airbag - the engine won't run (probably fuel cut off), and even shows a 4x4 fault. Looks like a big job to repair.

I have started looked at some '23 Gladiator Rubicon diesels; still a few new ones out there that sat on dealer lots waiting for the fuel pump replacement. Going to wait to see how the buy back goes first

Not sure whether to "like" that or not. Glad you're getting some closure but it sucks that you have to go through this. These kind of things could happen to anyone, any day, any time. More than anything, I'm glad there weren't any serious medical issues (hoping there is not any lingering things--getting punched like that can be a bigger deal than people know)

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I am hopeful that our insurance will not try to low ball us (too much) since the other driver is 100% at fault. I won't accept the first offer, but will counter with evidence and logic. I haven't found any gladiators with all the options ours has; low miles too at 42k (2020 model). We'll see.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'd be shocked if you don't get low balled. I'd find vehicles that are for sale with the same mileage range and similar mods for pricing. Insurance usually states "replacement value". To me, finding a like vehicle is "replacement value". There's also the hassle of getting a new rig, license, title, dealer games bullshit, etc. I'd like to get 125% of "replacement value". That's a dream world, I'm sure. Hope things work out well!

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I'd be shocked if you don't get low balled. I'd find vehicles that are for sale with the same mileage range and similar mods for pricing. Insurance usually states "replacement value". To me, finding a like vehicle is "replacement value". There's also the hassle of getting a new rig, license, title, dealer games bullshit, etc. I'd like to get 125% of "replacement value". That's a dream world, I'm sure. Hope things work out well!
We got a good buy back figure. About 1K higher than my number thought it should be - will be going to look at another gladiator this week :D

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
What's the buy back price on the wrecked one?
I'll see if I can get USAA to tell me how much. Its been towed to Copart in Ogden. The drivetrain should be perfectly fine since it took the hit square betwwen the passenger side doors. The axles, transfer case, etc. should be good. The dash showed a ton of fault messages including a
"4x4" error of some sort. I'm sure we'll be able to find it on Copart website soon - I just checked, not there yet.

Reactions: DAA

ID Bronco

View attachment 175913

Showing off to the neighborhood girls.
What a cool kid! We did that off picnic tables and would ride down slides at the park, the tall ones. My brother did this out of a 63 GMC once but the tailgate was angled down, the front tire followed it and whipped him into the ground with major force! The girl was not impressed!