Your Pic of The Day

Pile of parts

Just coming into SLC from being on a work trip. First time I've spent time in NYC. Not sure if/when I'll be back but caught a few sites.

View attachment 175753

View attachment 175754

View attachment 175755

View attachment 175756

View attachment 175757

View attachment 175758

View attachment 175759

View attachment 175760
Not major league this week for me, but hard to beat the view from Smith's Ballpark in Salt Lake. There's no way the backdrop will be the same from the new field.
20240820_184021.jpg

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Not major league this week for me, but hard to beat the view from Smith's Ballpark in Salt Lake. There's no way the backdrop will be the same from the new field.
View attachment 175768

Yeah, but when you arrive and leave the stadium, you wont have to look out for drug needles and keep an eye open for Mr. Stabby.

Not that I care either way.. the last time I was in that stadium was 27 years ago.
And I'd actually prefer to not have the south end valley traffic from the new stadium..

But I HATE being anywhere in Salt Lake proper. So ghetto and gross.

Last edited:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I test drove a Kei truck (Daihatsu HiJet) with my business partner today. We’re considering getting one for the gopher business. Freak, now I want one even more.
View attachment 175790
View attachment 175791
But then there’s the antithesis to the Kei truck, which is $6k asking price… this
Too funny... my wife sent me pictures of this truck this morning. I already have one in the shop, but my wife loves me and apparently wants me to have more.🥰

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Too funny... my wife sent me pictures of this truck this morning. I already have one in the shop, but my wife loves me and apparently wants me to have more.🥰
it’s a pretty nice unit and runs great. The 4 speed really does make it pretty wound up at 50+ mph which is kinda lame. The guy just started an import business and said they have some different models on the way, including 5 speeds. I could see the 5 speed models being legit. Since you already have one, how’s maintenance and parts on them? We really don’t need one for the business but I’ve always wanted one and it’s not hard to justify…

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
My boy is pretty besotted with those. He was set on getting one for a daily until he found out most of them aren't freeway legal.

N-Smooth

My boy is pretty besotted with those. He was set on getting one for a daily until he found out most of them aren't freeway legal.
Yeah even if they were freeway legal it would be sketchy. They’re just so tiny.

Plus that little Tacoma I posted really is a solid alternative for less money. I wouldn’t mind having one of those around either.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
My son also really bad wants one of those mini trucks. The four-wheel-drive and bedspace makes it appealing to me over a rzr.
But I don’t think the horsepower numbers are there for an effective work toy.

N-Smooth

Please put a gopher costume on it, Dumb and Dumber style.
We discussed this 🤣
My son also really bad wants one of those mini trucks. The four-wheel-drive and bedspace makes it appealing to me over a rzr.
But I don’t think the horsepower numbers are there for an effective work toy.
By “work” vehicle I mean drive it around to local gopher appts, with a couple backpacks in the back. Or like today we did an edge/mow/trim of a super overgrown yard we de-gophered. It would be nice to load all the lawn gear in a little truck because my partner feels bad we always take my truck. It’s a non-issue for me but it bugs him so we loaded all that crap in his wife’s nice minivan today lol it was dumb. But then he thinks he might like something for his almost 14 y/o to drive in a couple years so maybe it would have to be on his insurance and not the business insurance…? That stuff is a mystery to me since I haven’t dealt with it yet.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
it’s a pretty nice unit and runs great. The 4 speed really does make it pretty wound up at 50+ mph which is kinda lame. The guy just started an import business and said they have some different models on the way, including 5 speeds. I could see the 5 speed models being legit. Since you already have one, how’s maintenance and parts on them? We really don’t need one for the business but I’ve always wanted one and it’s not hard to justify…
I have only driven mine a couple miles before it had to come apart for some carb issues. Actually working on them is pretty simple, but the parts are tough to source in my limited experience. Did that one have a shifter on the floor besides the 4-speed transmission shifter? Even some of the 2wd ones (that one looked 2wd to me...?) have a transfer case with no front output that is used as an underdrive unit (it's pinned in low range). If that is the case, you can modify it to have high range. But if it was capable of 50mph it might already be done.

N-Smooth

I have only driven mine a couple miles before it had to come apart for some carb issues. Actually working on them is pretty simple, but the parts are tough to source in my limited experience. Did that one have a shifter on the floor besides the 4-speed transmission shifter? Even some of the 2wd ones (that one looked 2wd to me...?) have a transfer case with no front output that is used as an underdrive unit (it's pinned in low range). If that is the case, you can modify it to have high range. But if it was capable of 50mph it might already be done.
I’ll be honest I was too excited to look for shifters. I don’t even know if it was a 4WD model. I’m a child. I know I got it over 80km/h though so definitely 50. It honestly felt like with a 5th gear it would go way faster. Bigger tires could be a good thing for that too with how “short” all the gears seemed. I think it had 10” wheels which is wild!