Your Pic of The Day

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Had a brake line fail yesterday in Montana and couldn’t get a tow truck to come pick me up. Made it the last 100 miles last night like this.
View attachment 175689
This is the exact reason I keep Vise Grips in my Jeep and truck. Had a line break but it was my only transportation.... drove too and from work for a few days with one line pinched off until a new line came in the mail.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
This is the exact reason I keep Vise Grips in my Jeep and truck. Had a line break but it was my only transportation.... drove too and from work for a few days with one line pinched off until a new line came in the mail.
This. Watched @bryson finish off a ghost town tour with a set of vice grips on a brake line. First thing I did when I got home was throw a pair in my truck bag.

DAA

Supporting Member
Had a brake line fail yesterday in Montana and couldn’t get a tow truck to come pick me up. Made it the last 100 miles last night like this.
View attachment 175689

Betcha have Vise grips on hand next time! Double bonus points for the zip ties though.

I drove from Cheese Camp at the end of the HITR trail to Blanding like this. Belt and suspenders approach. Vise grips, zip ties, and electrical tape. Positive I could have driven it thousands of miles like that if I had to. Actually, I probably could have driven thousands of miles without that lower control arm if I REALLY had to. And hard to believe this was fifteen years ago!

IMG_3188.jpg

- DAA

J-mobzz

Betcha have Vise grips on hand next time! Double bonus points for the zip ties though.

I drove from Cheese Camp at the end of the HITR trail to Blanding like this. Belt and suspenders approach. Vise grips, zip ties, and electrical tape. Positive I could have driven it thousands of miles like that if I had to. Actually, I probably could have driven thousands of miles without that lower control arm if I REALLY had to. And hard to believe this was fifteen years ago!

IMG_3188.jpg

- DAA
The funny part is I normally keep vice grips inside the Van tool bag, but I robbed them for something. I even had it on my list to put them back before I left. And then on the way out of town, I realize that I forgot to check that note list and forgot the vice grips and my wetsuit. And I thought well hopefully the river is not that cold that I need the wetsuit and if I need vice grips, I can just grab a set. Turns out when you’re in the middle of nowhere Montana you can’t.

J-mobzz

View attachment 175689

Well I only had to drive 400 miles round trip to Spokane to get the part but it’s back in action! And turns out the river is way way to low to surf right now anyway so the missing wetsuit wasn’t missed either.
IMG_0181.jpeg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Which part were you unaware of? The third image? I see a lot of people stopping on the non-bus side when there is no physical barrier, but a wide median/center turn lane is present.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Which part were you unaware of? The third image? I see a lot of people stopping on the non-bus side when there is no physical barrier, but a wide median/center turn lane is present.
The center lane one, yeah.

This is bad, though, because before I used to sit in traffic waiting for the bus and just be mildly upset. Now I'm going to sit in traffic behind people that don't know this and get hella mad. :rofl: