Your Pic of The Day

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
We are already making our plans for a return next year. You’re more than welcome to join. You would fit in with this group.

Couple things I learned. A gladiator is a bit long for this trail. It was never a major problem but my buddy with the gladiator had to opt out on a couple lines because he was too long to get around some of the rocks without the possibility of body damage. He also bellied out a few times. It’s built really well with Spicer 60’s and a freshly swapped Hemi. The Artec bed cut and bumper helped out a bunch. View attachment 175360

After doing this trip, the one upgrade that has made my short list is hydro assist. Turning those 39’s like you need to without any forward reverse roll with the locker in is impossible.
The PSC upgraded box was a massive upgrade on my JK. It made steering WAY easier in the rocks.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I played tour guide again for some friends of Stan's from N.Y. 3 jeeps and my YJ. They are o. Dana 60s and smallest tire was a 38 besides my 33. Always nice showing people around that know how to wheel. Meet at 0600. Ran Double Sammy to The fallen and then the Maze and finished by running Plan B. Made it back to the parking lot by 12. 4 trails in 6 hours seems pretty good to me. Sorry no really good pictures. Resized_20240813_071024.jpegResized_20240813_113401.jpeg

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin

I'd be perfectly happy with a 5.7 Hemi, 400 HP and ft/lbs!

Glad to see a little more of your Rubicon trip, Paul! Your previous comments about the Gladiator on the Rubicon reinforced my opinion of taking mine over that trail. Guess I'll have to take the LS3 TJ on 40's instead! 😆

So, how was it? What did you all think?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I'd be perfectly happy with a 5.7 Hemi, 400 HP and ft/lbs!

Glad to see a little more of your Rubicon trip, Paul! Your previous comments about the Gladiator on the Rubicon reinforced my opinion of taking mine over that trail. Guess I'll have to take the LS3 TJ on 40's instead! 😆

So, how was it? What did you all think?
The trail was a lot more than I expected. It is impossible to get a real idea of what it is like from YouTube videos. I knew it would be a trail that we would take at a slow pace but never realized that it was because there is nowhere that it ever opens up. The rocks on Big Sleuce are no joke and no matter how good of a line you think you are on it seemed like I was always dragging the pumpkin or shock bracket on a rock. I realized that mechanical issues on this trail don’t come from gnarly obstacles, it’s the constant beating of the trail.

We had 2 JKUR’s on 39’s, 1 JKUR on 35’s, 1 392 JLUR on 37’s, 1 Gladiator on 39’s and a 4 runner on 33’s and an open front dif . All got through with zero mechanical issues and only minimal body damage on the 4 runner.

We did it in 2 days without any urgency, but next time we will add another day on the trail. Our plan is to still do a big day to Buck Island then a short day to Rubicon Springs then out on day 3.

I don’t know how it was the last time you were there but the climb out on Cadillac hill was the only thing that really got my adrenaline going and my wife nervous.

Pretty sure we are going back next year

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I was broadsided on Riverdale road. I had a green light, lady in a Mercury grand marquis hit me on the passenger side; she ran the red light. She never hit the brakes, was going around 50 mph. None of the body panels fit correctly any more. Passenger side side air bag went off. Rear axle is about 3 inches to the passenger side more than the drivers. Not sure I liked this repaired, probably better to be totalled. I got it on dash cam (not real exciting). Another car on the opposite side got it on dash cam too.

Lady said she had a "medical episode." She ran to me shortly after the accident and asked if I was alright and apologized. She said it was totally her fault. She had insurance.

I got checked out at the ER. Got a nice bruise across my chest from the seat belt and my back is tight. I was recovering from a lower back spasm from Monday morning...its worse now.

I wait for insurance now.

21951.jpeg21969.jpeg

My new steps are trashed....