Your Pic of The Day

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I need to get out there one of these years! Does this run through Sunday?

Edit: Looks like it ends tomorrow :(

1723145197902.png

Looks like Sept 28-Oct 1 might be the last time to spectate for this year?

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Glad it's working out.

It's the final day of Speedweek on the Salt. Being on the Salt at sunrise, is a unique experience.

There's been some cool rigs coming up on the feed. Wish I wasn't working and was in the zip code you're in today

1723225734082.png

I'm not much for bikes, but WOW!!!! Definitely interesting looking. That block that it's sitting on seems to be about 2-3" tall?

1723225924241.pngI'm having a hard time figuring out what the red car is (too many people around it). Kind of a Duster/Demon looking thing but has a 70-challenger type front end... Might just be the Challenger (4649 did a turn out a mile 2) itself looking at the door latches on the feed. Edit: Challenger just started up and it's pretty serious about making some power. Announcer just stated it's a Hemi in b/production class

Last edited:

Thursty

Cool shot this morning after I just turned the feed on.

View attachment 175289

Pretty cool that the Ford in the foreground is a jackalope :D. I think that car hit 149

View attachment 175291
This is quite distracting to me actually working. I may need to turn the feed off :D
Pretty sure the orange car in the background is an acquaintance out of Glenwood Springs. They run it, a Cummins powered truck and a Cummins powered streamliner. He came into the museum one day wearing his 200mph Club t-shirt and we got to chatting. Cool dude who came over from England to land speed race the salt and dry lakes.
IMG_4953.jpegIMG_4952.jpegIMG_4951.jpeg

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
We are already making our plans for a return next year. You’re more than welcome to join. You would fit in with this group.

Couple things I learned. A gladiator is a bit long for this trail. It was never a major problem but my buddy with the gladiator had to opt out on a couple lines because he was too long to get around some of the rocks without the possibility of body damage. He also bellied out a few times. It’s built really well with Spicer 60’s and a freshly swapped Hemi. The Artec bed cut and bumper helped out a bunch. IMG_0576.jpeg

After doing this trip, the one upgrade that has made my short list is hydro assist. Turning those 39’s like you need to without any forward reverse roll with the locker in is impossible.