Your Pic of The Day

Thursty

Fun afternoon with my brother and his youngest boy. We followed the PET to Faust, through Lookout Pass and out to Simpson Springs followed by a great dinner in Springville. We haven’t set foot out there in decades. Spending Easter’s out there as kids became a tradition because my cowboy Grandad, who was born in 1919, loved seeing (and chasing 😉) wild horses.
IMG_4903.jpegIMG_4906.jpegIMG_4914.jpegIMG_4907.jpegIMG_4920.jpegIMG_4922.jpeg

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
No idea on the paint code. Unicorn?

If it's a 10 10 code, it's one of 678 cars in 1970. I think the yellow is "YY YY". That one is likely a clone (still cool in my opinion) but looks reasonably well done from one pic. The Apollo white cars were under 200 of the 678. The rest are Saturn Yellow. A good chunk of the 678 were Stage 1 cars (I think well over half? 400 something?). So if it's Apollo White, 4 speed with AC, it's kind of valuable. If it's Apollo White, 4 speed, AC delete, Stage 1 and some other stuff, price just goes up. I'm not sure if that car is originally a GSX as the white interior doesn't jive with my knowledge. It could happen, but every GSX car in print or in person I've seen has a black interior. GSX soldiered on for '71 with a couple hundred+ cars (green, blue, silver and red I think) and '72 was dealer install only so records are sketchy but it's generally accepted that there are less than 75ish '72 GSX cars. Some of the GSX are 350 cars but most are 455 or 455 Stage 1. There was rumor of a white GSX in a garage in Brigham City when I was a youngster. No idea if that was true or not

I'd never seen a GSX in person and saw 8-9 at the GS Nationals when I was in Bowling Green in 2023. Having one in UT would be pretty cool.

609db6f65904f.image.jpg

In 2021, I think they had over 70 at the GS Nationals.

1722740179230.png

(Warning: buick nerd thread above)

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
What do the welders on here think about all the switches/knobs on the outside of these hats? Mine have always been on the inside, requiring lifting to adjust. I seldom adjust and when I do it seems like when I’m putting it on so no big deal. My hat tenses to get knocked around a bit so I’m wondering about knob damage?

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
What do the welders on here think about all the switches/knobs on the outside of these hats? Mine have always been on the inside, requiring lifting to adjust. I seldom adjust and when I do it seems like when I’m putting it on so no big deal. My hat tenses to get knocked around a bit so I’m wondering about knob damage?
I have never had any problems with it. Of course I have never had a fancy helmet that had them on the inside. Has never been a problem for me.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
I like the "Grind Mode" button being on the outside, but everything else is rarely touched or adjusted so inside is fine. One of the reason I really like my Viking 3350.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I like the "Grind Mode" button being on the outside, but everything else is rarely touched or adjusted so inside is fine. One of the reason I really like my Viking 3350.
My current helmet has the grind mode on the inside and if I weren’t lazy I would tie it to at least 5 car batteries and toss it in the ocean.

Who puts that on the inside!? Hobart does…