Your Pic of The Day

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
A dumpster from last week was loaded with food storage from a family moving over seas.
We pulled out about 800lbs of grains, dried vegetables, dried fruits, and some almonds.
Took it all up to the property today and spread it out in a few places.
Hoping it provides some enjoyment for the elk and deer.

IMG_7636.jpeg

The trees have started changing, but not many of them. These were deeep in the middle of our scrub oak section.

IMG_7635.jpeg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
A dumpster from last week was loaded with food storage from a family moving over seas.
We pulled out about 800lbs of grains, dried vegetables, dried fruits, and some almonds.
Took it all up to the property today and spread it out in a few places.
Hoping it provides some enjoyment for the elk and deer.

View attachment 176480

The trees have started changing, but not many of them. These were deeep in the middle of our scrub oak section.

View attachment 176479
There are only a couple of those maples over by us. They really stand out when the colors change.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Caught this on Facebook. Nobody seems to know what it's for. Wheel on the bottom attaches to a ... gear box? Which maybe has an output to (or input from?) the wheel on the top/back, which maybe turns (or is turned by?) an axle shaft attached to something spinny on top?

1726810699981.png

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Caught this on Facebook. Nobody seems to know what it's for. Wheel on the bottom attaches to a ... gear box? Which maybe has an output to (or input from?) the wheel on the top/back, which maybe turns (or is turned by?) an axle shaft attached to something spinny on top?

View attachment 176483

Horse Hot Walker… used to see them all over rural places, Sandy and Draper included.

C63C8E92-BA3D-4827-B9A3-571FA6E82530.jpeg

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
3:50 am wake up call from our master bath mirror that wanted to leave this earth
20240920_035818.jpg

I don't want to see my GC ever again. I'll likely get arrested if I do. What a cheap son of a bitch. I paid him SOLID $ to not cut corners on this house. Corners were cut wherever he could. I feel like I got taken to the cleaners. It'll be at least another 6-7 years before I pay off his bullshit work on this house (assuming I pay the mortgage as scheduled)

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
3:50 am wake up call from our master bath mirror that wanted to leave this earth
View attachment 176485

I don't want to see my GC ever again. I'll likely get arrested if I do. What a cheap son of a bitch. I paid him SOLID $ to not cut corners on this house. Corners were cut wherever he could. I feel like I got taken to the cleaners. It'll be at least another 6-7 years before I pay off his bullshit work on this house (assuming I pay the mortgage as scheduled)

On the bright side, that towel hanger held up nicely, and it didn't take out the shower glass as well.

Tonkaman

View attachment 176485

Wow I bet that scared the poop into the sheets!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
On the bright side, that towel hanger held up nicely, and it didn't take out the shower glass as well.

We junked the "upgraded" original contractor installed shower glass long ago on one of our shower pan redo jobs. I would have been pretty bummed to lose the shower glass. We were sold a house that wouldn't need upgrades as it was built into the cost of the house. We've had to upgrade (and will still be upgrading) some things from "builder grade". I feel like I was stolen from. Like I said, I hope to not run into the contractor again. Really not a fan. Not sure how I'd react. I'd be in jail if 19 year old mbryson comes out

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
When they were building our house they wouldn't change anything. At all. But somehow my wife talked them into not installing the bathroom mirrors like that because she hates them and "they're tacky." TBH I don't like them either so I was fine with it. They asked if we still wanted them and she said yes, put them in the basement. So now I have two 8' long mirrors in my basement that have no use and I don't think they're coming out in one piece. Coooool.