Your Pic of The Day

Jesser04

Always wanted to go in and back out but a helicopter or mules is more my style. How was it?
Once is enough. I could go into detail about how I really feel I’m just not sure this is the place. You could do it easy use the mule to haul your stuff in and out hike down and fly out. The guy that went with us is Andrea’s 70 year old x-stepdad he handle it fine for the most part. I carried his pack to and from the mule drop off but that’s about it.

That being said we went to Yosemite this summer and I’d go back there 10 times over before I go to havasupi again.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I don’t want to start a new thread for this hopefully simple solution, and I took a picture.. so that counts, right?

I recently got an iPhone 13, upgrading from an SE.
when I get a new text message, the message is identified as an iMessage or sms message before giving me the text preview. And will then flip between the iMessage screen and the text preview. If I don’t look at the phone at the right time, I can’t see the preview. Can this be turned off?? I can’t find a way, and don’t know the right lingo to find in on Google.

Drives me absolutely crazy.

IMG_5541.jpeg

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I don’t want to start a new thread for this hopefully simple solution, and I took a picture.. so that counts, right?

when I get a new text message, the message is identified as an iMessage or sms message before giving me the text preview. And will then flip between the iMessage screen and the text preview. If I don’t look at the phone at the right time, I can’t see the preview. Can this be turned off?? I can’t find a way, and don’t know the right lingo to find in on Google.

View attachment 167001
Simple. Stop texting degens from upcountry.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

View attachment 167001
Under Settings>Messages>Notifications it should look like this:
IMG_6702.jpeg
If it doesn't, change it to this. If it still does what you describe, I dunno. Thirteen is an unlucky number.

The_Lobbster

View attachment 167001
It’s believe it’s because of Face ID. If you pick up your phone and it scans your face, it “unlocks”, and allows a preview. If you then click the “lock” on the side of the phone, it will again display as “iMessage” or SMS until it scans your face again.

I have my phone set to always display the preview, see photos. Looks like my phone (12) has different defaults than Stephen’s.

IMG_0382.jpegIMG_0383.jpeg

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
It’s believe it’s because of Face ID. If you pick up your phone and it scans your face, it “unlocks”, and allows a preview. If you then click the “lock” on the side of the phone, it will again display as “iMessage” or SMS until it scans your face again.

I have my phone set to always display the preview, see photos. Looks like my phone (12) has different defaults than Stephen’s.

View attachment 167003View attachment 167004

Bingo!! Thanks guys. My soul has one less torment for now!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose

View attachment 167001
You should be blocking g this person in your phone

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
My family stayed in a pretty high hotel in Vegas on Saturday night. When we got into the elevator I told my son to count all the levels as we went up. “…. 10, 11, 12, 14… wait, what?!?” We all laughed pretty good. 😂
Get in any elevator in any high rise with that many floors and it's the same.

STAG

On my grind
That’s why I need to see the preview. I never know if it’s safe to open or not!
The reason it’s there is so snoopers can’t be reading your incoming texts while your phone is locked.

With the text previews on, if someone else (kids, spouse, girlfriend, stranger etc) was near your phone then they could read the message that got received even without unlocking your phone.

Usually I’ve found it’s only guys that are hiding something that have a reason to have the text previews off 😂 you can even hide who the message is from, or turn off the notification all together, if you really want to be sneaky.