'09 Rubicon

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
The UPS man showed up today. This will be going on the front tomorrow.

IMAG0787.jpg

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
make sure to get a video of WW when you make it. You can do it without breaking.

I probably won't be heading out there until your shakedown run so hopefully that will be the day.

Just slapped a coat of paint on my sweet new Riddler cover. This thing is pure beef and I can wait to get another for the rear.

IMAG0789.jpg

I also removed my spare and tire carrier since I think Jeeps look better without. I'm waiting for the pain to dry on my cover plate and I'll figure something out to put on the plate. I'll still be able to put my carrier and spare back on when I need to.

IMAG0788.jpg

thenag

I need some solid diff covers, everytime I take it out I have to take them off and re-seal them and that is starting to get spendy.

I have found that using a paper gasket coated with axle grease keeps a seal after getting bumped around a bit. They kind of ooze goo, but it would technically be re-seal-able if you had to open it up on the trail. No clue if this would work with synthetic gear oil...

Nathan

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I think I'll be better off with a couple of Riddlers anyway. At least I'll have some real protection and I won't have to worry about the seal.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well I got the back all cleaned up. I wasn't going to mount the license plate or a third brake light back there to make it easier to take on and off but I am glad I decided to anyway.

IMAG0790.jpg

And here is my new cover painted up and installed.

IMAG0791.jpg

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Got some rock lights installed today, thanks Teraflex and Prime 4x4 for the gift card. I'll get a picture posted up after dark tonight.

sixstringsteve

those look really good. I love the price too, that's insane. I look forward to seeing them in person this weekend. I doubt my lights will be installed by then.

Last edited:

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Here are a couple of pics. I had to tweak to front brackets to get them to point down in a good spot but it was really easy.

I have on light under the front doors and one right in front of the front tires on both sides.

IMAG0844.jpg

IMAG0843.jpg

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Here is a terrible pic of my lights lit up.
IMAG0845.jpg

Not sure if I like the placement of the front lights but there really isn't another good place for them.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well I finally got a full sized spare. I had tied the plate I made to the spare which I know was ghetto and wouldn't last long. This last weekend it nearly fell off, thanks to the CB and Steve we caught it in time.

I figured since I finally had a full sized spare I would be leaving it on and made a license plate relocation bracket to mount it behind the spare.

No pictures right now but when i get a chance they will be up. It is very similar to the genright bracket. Except it cost me about 10 bucks in steel instead of 50+, it really is nice having a welder.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Here are some pics.

IMAG0850.jpg

IMAG0851.jpg

IMAG0852.jpg

IMAG0853.jpg

It was a pretty easy build for it. Just some 16ga sheet metal and 8 inches of angle iron. I already had the lights in use. I still need to get a plug for my license plate light to make it easy to to remove. In the meantime I'll just run no plate light.