2nd Annual Winter Riding Trip

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
In a side note, that wash you guys loved to ride last year has sucked the last few weeks. So washboarded and just rough to ride. It seems mostly due to so many utv's in the area now with their brakes into the corners.

Gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!! :mad2: I loved riding those washes, was really looking forward to it.

rholbrook

does my 250/300sx have this said spring?
Yes. We can play with it while we are down there. We will make changes and you can ride it for a bit and then change it again. So you have your springs that came with the bike? I would guess it has the yellow spring in it. I will bring my red spring if you want to try it but we will look to see where your screw is at and adjust from there

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Yes. We can play with it while we are down there. We will make changes and you can ride it for a bit and then change it again. So you have your springs that came with the bike? I would guess it has the yellow spring in it. I will bring my red spring if you want to try it but we will look to see where your screw is at and adjust from there

I bought it off ksl. No springs with it. Should I pick some up?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I am thinking we need to dedicate an hour or two from each day to receive some hands on riding technique training from Coach Von..

I'd be happy to pass along the info from the Shane Watts clinic. It all comes down to practice, which i cetainly have not been doing enough of. Tyson went to Skyler Howes clinic just last month, so we'll all have to gang up on him as well. ;)

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Not to brag but I beat Von at the last race. Ok.........I'm bragging. :cool:

But to his credit he was on a brand new bike that had super stiff suspension that threw his sronny butt all over the place. And I had the ride of my life! Probably won't happen again.

You had a good race, you should feel good about it. Not sure how much better I would have done with the correct springs, but it sure would have been a nicer ride for sure!

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I'll bring my springs as well... if time allows, I'll probably try swapping in a different one. Power-wise, my bike is bone stock besides the jetting changes I've made and a Q4. muffler.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
A bunch of you guys have rode the 2014 Rhino Rally coarse a bunch of times, I think the 2013 Rhino Rally coarse is just as fun, if not better, I road a tiny bit of it last weekend and it was sweet. Im just not sure if I can find all of it without ribbon to follow. anyone Interested in checking it out? if so anyone got GPS or mapping of it? I know Paul was working on it at one time. only concern I would have is if everyone is cool with Dutchmans Draw, and if we could do loop one without remote fuel, we may have to deviate a little.

GPS thread; http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?96246-2013-Rhino-Rally

2013 Rhino goPro-
[video=youtube;8aDZjXOdZK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aDZjXOdZK8[/video]

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hell yeah, if we can get all the GPS tracks, I'm game for that! Those washes and rocky canyon bottoms in the first 4:30 min looks like my kind of riding!

jeeper

Tyson, in your listing for your bike, you say you are selling flexx bars.. are those on your bike, or selling separate?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
OK, I'm in for sure. Who can I bum a ride and place to sleep off of? I have a cool bike so it won't make your trailer look bad. Can't say the same for the rider.

jeeper

We have got an empty seat and trailer space.. and are always open to more wallets paying for fuel :) ...

We will be sleeping in a cargo trailer (with some nice interior finishes). Floor space is available. I will be on a cot outside.

Leaving Thursday evening, returning Saturday night.

most likely eat breakfast at camp, into town for dinners.

We will make a visit to a cousin friday night after dark, but will easily be able to make arrangements to leave you at camp, or drop you anywhere else, or have you go with us for that time...

Last edited:

jeeper

We are thinking about staying in Sand Hollow for camping/sleeping. Where will we be meeting for rides? is there somewhere else we should be camping/sleeping at?