2nd Annual Winter Riding Trip

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I am thinking we need to dedicate an hour or two from each day to receive some hands on riding technique training from Coach Von..

Cascadia

Undecided
Not to brag but I beat Von at the last race. Ok.........I'm bragging. :cool:

But to his credit he was on a brand new bike that had super stiff suspension that threw his sronny butt all over the place. And I had the ride of my life! Probably won't happen again.

jeeper

But to his credit he was on a brand new bike that had super stiff suspension that threw his sronny butt all over the place. And I had the ride of my life! Probably won't happen again.

Great! You can team teach us!!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose

With the right bribe........I can go and change the results. They wont be official results but none the less, they will be the final results:D

rholbrook

If there is someone on the fence about going but isn't because there is no room in the Cascadia Inn and doesn't want to pay for a hotel room, I may have room now because the wife is staying home.

jeeper

If there is someone on the fence about going but isn't because there is no room in the Cascadia Inn and doesn't want to pay for a hotel room, I may have room now because the wife is staying home.
We also could handle 1 more for the drive down, and could sleep a couple in the trailer.. On the floor

Cascadia

Undecided
Von and I will be headed down Thursday evening. Probably leave around 6. I have room for 2 people and 2 more bikes.

I rode 47 miles today in 2 hours 17 minutes. It wasn't dusty, but I wasn't behind anyone. When I would look back it would barely be cloudy behind me. Open desert was drier than in the shade. I made it 46 miles before I almost had another head on wreck. Idiots need to stay on their side of double track or wide open washes. Love my bike. It feels like a whole different animal with the head milled, pro circuit pipe, and red spring. Excited for 5 days from now.

Cascadia

Undecided
No. Not yet. And my ride today said I got up to 74. Never ever felt like it was all the sudden power. Very smooth all the way through the band and never a crazy hit. Nothing like old 2 strokes.

rholbrook

You can take the "pipiness" right out of the 300 with the combination of the powervalve spring and adjusting screw. I love that about my bike. I have settled with the yellow spring with the screw all the way out.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
You can take the "pipiness" right out of the 300 with the combination of the powervalve spring and adjusting screw. I love that about my bike. I have settled with the yellow spring with the screw all the way out.

When I put the SX head on my 300 it was a noticeable improvement in power and was easier to ride technical stuff in a higher gear... but it was harder to control coming on the pipe. On accident, I stood it straight up coming out of a wet, sandy wash on the Sovereign trail... it was fun, but almost too much. Stock pipe, yellow spring and screw in the stock position.

Cascadia

Undecided
I never knew about the power valve springs til Russ told me. He forced me to get a pipe, mill my head, red spring, and screw all the way out. I was scared to try it but I loved it. Even if I hated it the spring was like 43 cents. Why not try?! I felt like I had more power available while lugging in technical sections.

Cascadia

Undecided
In a side note, that wash you guys loved to ride last year has sucked the last few weeks. So washboarded and just rough to ride. It seems mostly due to so many utv's in the area now with their brakes into the corners.