5 Mile in high gear

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
Originally posted by SmokinCamel
What happened??? Why no working :( Well before??

It's been running sh!tty since about mid-June. First I started having this nagging electrical problem that just wouldn't go away. I replaced everything! (starter, battery, spark plugs, spark plug wires, O2 sensor, coil, wires, etc) Then I did a valve adjustment, which improved it, but it still ran badly.

Then my driveline blew up going 75 on the way down to Moab. :( That cost me a lot! Blew a brand-new exhaust, driveline, and t-case, then I ruined my front driveline limping it into Moab and then back home. I finally got that repaired after buying 2 different t-cases (until I found one that worked) and 5 (I think that's what the tally is up to now) drivelines. Now that's finally sorted out.

Then 2 weeks ago my alternator went out. It started running badly, and continued even after I replaced it.

Then a week and a half ago my 4Runner died in the middle of the street and wouldn't start up again. trd270 towed it to my parents' house and it sat for a while. I finally got a deal on an igniter and replaced it on Friday night. It started up, but still ran badly. Then that morning I replaced my spark plug wires (again) which had managed to melt on my exhaust manifold. Now it's running great! :D :D Except that the block is just about gone, so I'll be rebuilding a 22R and putting it in this summer.

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
damn. Sorry. Are ya goin with us this weekend. I have never seen ya wheel. I guess josh can come too :p I think there are a few goin. I hope to get the flares and rack fixed by then.

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
Not sure yet. I have a bunch of tough classes this semester, so it'll depend on whether I have any play time this weekend. I'd love to though! :D I probably won't know until the night before... but I'll make an effort to go!

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
WTF!!!!

Who was the camera man not one pic of my DD!!!!

The only pic I get is of the convoy!

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
Originally posted by Greg

So when did the 4Runner go from Red to Tan?

Good choice of color, it looks great! Tan Toy's are the best! :D

I actually painted it a little over a year ago and just haven't had any recent pictures in digital form. I bought it with camoflauge paint and decided to remove the rust and repaint it camoflauge. Unfortunately I never finished painting it because someone broke one of my toes (completely in half actually), and I wasn't able to stand very well, so I couldn't finish painting it. :(

The red was the original color that came through after I had sanded all the camoflauge (and rust) off, by hand!

Here is a picture in its ugly, pre-paint stage :eek: :

Attachments

• uglytruck2.jpg
    uglytruck2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 106

SmokinCamel

Originally posted by trd270
WTF!!!!

Who was the camera man not one pic of my DD!!!!

The only pic I get is of the convoy!

Your no fun to take pic of :p If I was with the group I would have had my video camera out. Next time We will get pics. I need one for the toyuki 4 wheelers site. I need new info so I can but you up on it.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Hey Josh,

Blame Wort for no pics. He's the one with the camera. We got plenty of good footage of you. We even put it in our movie for school today. Big hit! Smokin' everyone loved the roll over on demand. Just ask wort to get some stills of you, there is plenty to choose from.

SmokinCamel

Cool...Wort PM me!! I wana see the video and I know of a few that do too. Hey I wana know if everyone would like to come to a party I shall be holdinf for my 22nd B-day. The party will be on eather the 21st or 22nd. I havn't decided on what to do. Maybe a wheelin party or video party who knows. Im open for Ideas

Last edited: