'97 tacoma build: Abner

sixstringsteve

My goal is to get this thing ready for the rubicon for a run in early September. Here's what's gotta happen by then:

- front bucket seats (ideally out of a '96-'01 4runner)
- dual cases via a trail gear coupler
- removable bench seat in the bed
- rear bumper from Chocflip

and, if I happen to have time after all that I may start thinking about a front bumper and the winch.

Parts I'm looking for:
- top-shift t-case (a turbo one would be ideal)
- '96-02 4runner bucket seats

airmanwilliams

My goal is to get this thing ready for the rubicon for a run in early September. Here's what's gotta happen by then:

- front bucket seats (ideally out of a '96-'01 4runner)
- dual cases via a trail gear coupler
- removable bench seat in the bed
- rear bumper from Chocflip

and, if I happen to have time after all that I may start thinking about a front bumper and the winch.

Parts I'm looking for:
- top-shift t-case (a turbo one would be ideal)
- '96-02 4runner bucket seats

DANG! you did score big time!

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
yeah, I felt a little guilty, but I actually needed everything I won, and I NEVER win anything at raffles.

You seriously stepped up Steve when you gave some of your winnings back. You deserved everything you won and I wouldnt feel guilty about it one bit.

sixstringsteve

a few little updates. 83 trailblazer hooked me up with an 83 t-case and mount for a good price. Low Range Offroad is letting me trade my winch I won at the raffle for credit towards my duals, so that'll save me some money. Low Range rocks.

Even with the winch credit, it'll cost around $1000 to get the rest of the stuff for the duals, but it'll be worth it.

sixstringsteve

Once again, Low Range Offroad rocks. They took care of me and then some. I swapped my winch for credit and ordered the following:

trail gear dual-case crossmember
trail-gear dual case adapter
sliders
23-spline input gear
a new cb

What a great group of guys. It's really a shame that the show n shine is falling on the same weekend as my rubicon trip, I really wanted to run it with them.

I plan on attaching the sliders this Saturday and the rest of my parts should be in by the middle of next week.