'97 tacoma build: Abner

chans

I still get a lot of heat through the floor where the middle shifter boot comes through. I'd love to find a stock rubber shift boot to use, this cheap hurst one sucks.
It looks like they changed and are now using cheap universal boots from China. My Hurst boot has the H molded into it and is as thick if not thicker than my stock boots. Maybe when you get the covers on them it will help with the heat?

sixstringsteve

I'd like to isolate the heat with the rubber instead of the vinyl. I'll just have to hunt around for a yota stock rubber shift boot.

jentzschman

Steve, will the bud skid fit on the front with a diff drop? Im guessing so as you plan on getting one... Maybe mine is just so beat up, I don't think I could add a diff drop. I should thought to help relieve some of the CV boot wear.

jentzschman

Cool. I will look into that one. I really should get one. Do they really work like they say they do? I remember hearing alot on ttora about them being a waste of money

sixstringsteve

I got some work done this weekend. I made these little brackets for my rock lights.

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2871.JPG

IMG_2872.JPG

IMG_2874.JPG

sixstringsteve

Went camping last night and took the rig out to Vernon Reservoir. It's a great rig for these types of trips, even though I never put it in 4wd.

I got to test out my new grand trunk skeeter beater hammock.
IMG_2880.JPG

IMG_2881.JPG

IMG_2882.JPG

IMG_2883.JPG

IMG_2884.JPG

We spent the afternoon fly fishing. I didn't catch a thing, but it was one of the most relaxing days I've had in a LONG time. I need to make more time for fishing.

The reservoir was very low.

IMG_2885.JPG

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2891.JPG

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

after we got home from the reservoir I got to work on putting the tracker seats in the back. I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped, but I'm doing it right instead of cutting corners to meet a deadline. Many thanks to YouKnow for helping me.

IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2898.JPG

They'll still fold forward individually. I still need to work on a rear mount and do something about the seatbelts. I'll probably just go with old school non-retracting lap belts.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Rock lights look good.

How'd you like sleeping in the hammock? I've been doing the same thing, and I don't know if I end up sleeping as well as I'd like.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Not relaxing, exactly. So far, mine has been great for afternoon naps and general chilling. I've tried overnighting in it a couple times and I think my body gets confused because it's not a bed.