Any Interest in doing part of the Utah Backcountry Discovery Route in 2014?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12904
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12904

Sounds great to me it's on the calendar! I'm excited to do a trip like this. The first of many I hope
Same here. When is your registration up? Still want to plate it? Mine is march and I'm going to plate it for this trip.

D

Deleted member 12904

I don't see why not, I'm expired in April. Does that route look like good possibilities for single track?
Looks like a bunch. Most of the ranges the current trail goes around looks to have several options to go over. Also looks like a ton of wash options also.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
What would be the chance of getting you to sit down for a few with me and go over the maps? I would love to hear what you have to say about bike options...

Good. I'm in and out a bunch this time of year but I'd be happy to sit ponder some maps if we can make our schedules align.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm in. I think I can do around 200 miles a tank on my TTR. I'll have to get an exact number once the temps get above 40.

I did a good portion of this in my jeep last year and it was a great trip. I'm all for ditching I-70 and hitting up as much dirt road and atv trail as we can. I've ridden with Derek a couple times. I look forward to meeting you Deviant. Depending on how many people, We could take my truck to Moab and my oldest son could drive it home. Possibly get to moab late evening/night on the 5th and start early on the 6th? I'm super stoked on this trip.

Tonkaman

That's great we're glad to have you! I have no clue what my fuel range is but I can get a 4 gallon tank to make that problem go away

D

Deleted member 12904

I'm in. I think I can do around 200 miles a tank on my TTR. I'll have to get an exact number once the temps get above 40.

I did a good portion of this in my jeep last year and it was a great trip. I'm all for ditching I-70 and hitting up as much dirt road and atv trail as we can. I've ridden with Derek a couple times. I look forward to meeting you Deviant. Depending on how many people, We could take my truck to Moab and my oldest son could drive it home. Possibly get to moab late evening/night on the 5th and start early on the 6th? I'm super stoked on this trip.

Confirmed dirtbike adventure riders:

Tonlaman
Glockman
Deviant
Andrew.

I say we cap it at 4?

Glockman can you do 5 in your truck? I think it would work out great if your son could do the drive.

Really Im thinking we get in evening/night the 6th and leave early on the 7th.

Andrew and myself both have the time confirmed with work other than some details its a done deal.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
5 is no problem it's a crew cab with benches.

So you're thinking Saturday the 7th camp at the wedge. Sunday night camp near cherry Creek?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12904

5 is no problem it's a crew cab with benches.

So you're thinking Saturday the 7th camp at the wedge. Sunday night camp near cherry Creek?

Not 100% sure yet. I have been mapping my ideas but want to meet up with Kurt and see what he says. I'm super excited. When we get a little closer we need to come up with a plan on who is packing what. No need for everyone to pack their own tools tire stuff ect. Let's break it out make it lighter of a load.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I hope to do at least 2 overnight trial runs before hand to evaluate what I need since I have never camped of my bike before.