Any Interest in doing part of the Utah Backcountry Discovery Route in 2014?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12904
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12904

So my physical condition for this ride has been haunting me for a few weeks. I need to get in much better shape by June. I actually went to the gym today for the first time since my surgery last October. The extra 20lbs I have put on and the lack of exercise made it super crappy.

On a better note I think about this everyday. Im super excited.

Tonkaman

Deviant did you ever go over the route with Kurt? Just curious if we have any ideas about how many high speed roads were going to be stuck on since I've got bibs front and rear.

Anyone ever had a bib failure due to high speed? How fast were you going and for how long?

D

Deleted member 12904

Deviant did you ever go over the route with Kurt? Just curious if we have any ideas about how many high speed roads were going to be stuck on since I've got bibs front and rear.

Anyone ever had a bib failure due to high speed? How fast were you going and for how long?
I haven't. When I get back from battle at prim later this month I will hit him up and see if we can set up a time. I will let you know so you can come if you want.

on a side note one week of training down. Dropped 10 pounds body hurts but I'm going to be ready to ride come June!

D

Deleted member 12904

Wow that's great progress! Don't push it too hard, your making me look bad

I just can't handle another injury. By day 2 or 3 I'm worried if I'm not in shape my fatigue might cause me to make a mistake and get hurt. Being in a cast for 4 months while others where riding sucks.

Tonkaman

I made an expensive order from giant loop today! I ordered the coyote saddlebags along with a set of each size straps and a set of boa straps. Won't be too long before we do some practice runs

D

Deleted member 12904

I made an expensive order from giant loop today! I ordered the coyote saddlebags along with a set of each size straps and a set of boa straps. Won't be too long before we do some practice runs

Good god man that is some expensive luggage! I will be packing much cheaper lol. Im picking up my 4 gallon tank tomorrow. I talked to Andrew last night and it sounds like he ordered his tank also. Now I need to save for a nice compressible down bag and pad.

Tonkaman

I've been waiting to get the bike running to determine how big of a tank to get. I can buy a 4 gallon tank but I hear the fit is awful on these bikes. Next big purchase will definitely have to be a nice sleeping bag that will compress extra small.

D

Deleted member 12904

I've been waiting to get the bike running to determine how big of a tank to get. I can buy a 4 gallon tank but I hear the fit is awful on these bikes. Next big purchase will definitely have to be a nice sleeping bag that will compress extra small.

I Think we will need to plan on 150 mile range.
I have a bro code from back country and it gives a real good discount on some of the sleeping bags so when your ready its worth looking to see if they have anything you want.

Well while I was in to bike spending mood I just ordered a new front tire and tube along with the front fender pack to hold a spare tube and irons and a sew other goodies to get the free shipping.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'll be making a poor man's giant loop out of coveralls. I bought a Kelly down bag last spring from backcountry for $80 that is awesome.
Once the weather is better I'll see what the TTR range is.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Caleb

Granted mine was a crfx, but the IMS 3.2 gal was a great fit. It actually held 3.4 gallons. Compared to the clark tank on my buddies WR, the IMS fit like it was a factory tank. I've heard mixed reviews on their larger 4 gallon one (not sure if they even still make it) that incorporates the fairings into the tank. The other real nice (and large) one is the Safari tank. They make great products but their price is usually at least double that of the others.

D

Deleted member 12904

Well this should work for me. I'm getting my equipment narrowed down.

D

Deleted member 12904

I'll be making a poor man's giant loop out of coveralls. I bought a Kelly down bag last spring from backcountry for $80 that is awesome.
Once the weather is better I'll see what the TTR range is.

I had to Google this to see it for myself but that's a pretty cool idea. I might just be paranoid but I'm a little concerned about mud and water. I think I'm going to end up just using dry bags and straps cut to my plastics to hold them on

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I had to Google this to see it for myself but that's a pretty cool idea. I might just be paranoid but I'm a little concerned about mud and water. I think I'm going to end up just using dry bags and straps cut to my plastics to hold them on

I'm debating the coveralls vs the dry bags. Giant loop sells dry bags that go into their bags so I might do that and just use the coveralls to hold things together and on the bike. Walmart sells dry bags for around $10 that I'll most likely use either way. They also sell tarps that are made of tent type material that will make a good ground cloth or shelter.

D

Deleted member 12904

I'm debating the coveralls vs the dry bags. Giant loop sells dry bags that go into their bags so I might do that and just use the coveralls to hold things together and on the bike. Walmart sells dry bags for around $10 that I'll most likely use either way. They also sell tarps that are made of tent type material that will make a good ground cloth or shelter.

sounds like me and you are on more the same budget because I've been looking at the same things. I like the Walmart tarp and I think I'll probably get a couple of those. I need to take a closer look at what size dry bags I can fit and see if Walmart or somewhere else has the better option.