Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
I rode up Clarks trail and down Canyon Hollow tonight, it got a little wet and muddy on the way down. :D I'll be in Moab this weekend with the Jeep and the bike if anyone else is going to be down there.

Samersen

We rode up Clarks and got headed down rush and then it started to rain really good! We made it down very covered in mud. Probably the slowest pass down rush in history :)

sixstringsteve

It sounds like it started raining on you after you were on the trail. Sucky. Friendly reminder: tread lightly and stay off trails when they're wet, especially up corner canyon. Its easy to do a lot of trail damage on one single ride in the mud. Sometimes its too late and it doesn't get wet till you're stuck in the middle. But if its already wet before you start, consider saving the trails for another ride.

Also, Lambert park is a great place to ride when its wet. The soil has so much granite in it that it doesn't really get muddy.

Samersen

It sounds like it started raining on you after you were on the trail. Sucky. Friendly reminder: tread lightly and stay off trails when they're wet, especially up corner canyon. Its easy to do a lot of trail damage on one single ride in the mud. Sometimes its too late and it doesn't get wet till you're stuck in the middle. But if its already wet before you start, consider saving the trails for another ride.

Also, Lambert park is a great place to ride when its wet. The soil has so much granite in it that it doesn't really get muddy.

Good to know about Lambert. Yeah we were already on our way down when it started to rain, we actually walked a good portion of it and took the fire road down as to no hurt the trail.

sixstringsteve

Rock on. I figured as much. Corner canyon users have some a great job adopting correct trail stewardship principles. I didn't mean to call anyone out, I just thought it'd be a good opportunity to remind readers who may not know.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Finally getting back into riding. Went and did a 6 mile out and back out by Pineview Res. today, it was just hard enough that if I can get myself in good enough shape to power through that trail I'll be ready to actually start riding some longer tougher single tracks. For my first ride in probably 10 months it was easy enough except for a one spot I had to jump off and walk it but it's still hard enough for me to make it hard and actually get a workout and get my legs back.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I rode lambert yesterday and it was awesome. Only 2 puddles on Rodeo and the rest was perfectly moist. Should be even better today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I wiped out on Rush this morning. Took a scrub oak to the face after one of the switchbacks. :rofl: It ripped me up pretty good...

YOUKNOW

Anyone looking to ride soon? Like after 7PM? Let me know. Corner Canyon is looking good lately. Wanted to know if anyone has ridden the new Rush Trail section? Or even I heard that Maple Hollow was changed around. Any news???

sixstringsteve

I'd like to ride tomorrow night. It's been a while, so I'll be slow and out of shape. With how busy corner canyon has been lately, I've been more interested in riding lambert.

I have ridden Maple Hollow, it's completely different from last year. It's one of my favorite trails in Utah. If you can't jump a 3-foot gap with a takeoff and landing, it's not very fun.