Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

MattL

Todays morning ride bst from dry creek to city creek and back through the aves on the street. Nice and cool. Only one other rider on the trail.
Any one do morning rides?

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

i can do sat mornings, that's about it.

Anyone interested in Thursday evening rides up AF Canyon? If we get two vehicles we can shuttle.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Every other Thursday, yah :). Even better if rides are shuttled and ya'll don't have to wait for me to huff my way up the hill first.

I love the Skidmap, and I'm waiting anxiously for Herzog to get around to putting together the 4x4 version.

sixstringsteve

so now we'll just have to wait for you at the bottom of the hill? :p i kid, i kid.

Kev, what bike are you riding these days? Did you sell your hardrock?

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Yeah, the Rockhopper is gone. I'm riding my old Trek 3400 POS for now. I feel so inadequate with my tiny 26" wheels...

sixstringsteve

Man, I love me a good 26" or 24-er. I can't get used to the higher COG of a 29er. But hey, that's what makes it fun, we all like something different. Do you prefer the uphill or the downhill?

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Man, I love me a good 26" or 24-er. I can't get used to the higher COG of a 29er. But hey, that's what makes it fun, we all like something different. Do you prefer the uphill or the downhill?

It's funny you say that - the bigger wheels on the 29er are awesome, but I think I like the additional wheelbase just as much. My COG may be higher, but I felt much more "between" the wheels on the 29er. I feel too much on top of the 26" now.

I don't mind downhill, but I'm not a speed demon. If I could choose, I'd ride stuff like Gooseberry or Bar-M all day - flattish enough that it doesn't whip my butt, technical enough that it isn't boring.

Kevin B.

The Specialized was a 19" frame. The Trek is a 21, and much easier on my wrists when I'm flogging out miles.

MattL

I hit Mormon flats trail at 7 this morning. rode up and down and back. This is one of my favorite trails.

sixstringsteve

kyle and rosa and i rode sundance today. It was a great way to beat the heat, and for $20, you get an unlimited lift pass for the day. There were some pretty fun trails there. We're hoping to hit all the Utah resorts this summer.

sixstringsteve

we rode for 4.5 hours and covered 18 miles on the bike (about 2 miles on the tram). My strava app was recording everything we did, then it froze and erased all the data.

Kevin B.

we rode for 4.5 hours and covered 18 miles on the bike (about 2 miles on the tram). My strava app was recording everything we did, then it froze and erased all the data.

So how much of what you saw was legit DH, and how much was milder stuff I could take the wife and Boogerface on?

Last edited:

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
My old ladies company has teamed up with Bikers Edge of Kaysville, Santa Cruz and Weber Pathways to raffle off a Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon. The raffle is $5 a pop, every $5 you donate you get a chance to win this Bad boy from Santa Cruz fully equipped with everything ENVE makes.
Just thought I would throw this out there in case any of you lucky people want to try your luck at winning. Here is the link to the contest.

http://www.donate2trails.com/

sixstringsteve

The Trek Factory Demo Team
will be at the Lambert Park Trail
Saturday, July 6th, 9am - 2pm
Try before you buy!
Take a test ride at the Trek Factory Demo Tour,
showcasing a variety of the latest models.