Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

So how much of what you saw was legit DH, and how much was milder stuff I could take the wife and Boogerface on?

There was only 1 legit DH run, but it was very legit. I had to walk one 10' section, the risk of crashing/injury was far to high to ride it. It had lots of 3' drops on hairpin turns on cliff edges.

The rest of the trails varied from easy to intermediate to technical. There are some nice loops. There are better places to take Ian (like Lambert). There are definite sections he could ride, but other sections were pretty exposed on the side of a mountain, and if his bike control isn't his strong point, he may get injured.

It's kinda like wheeling mineral basin with a bone stock brand new 4runner with no sliders and a new driver. Yes, it could be done, but I wouldn't recommend it. :)

There's not much pedalling required, and some of the runs can get out of control if you're not good with the brakes. The youngest kid we saw riding there was about 12, and he was a great rider. I'd try some easier places before taking Ian there. Your wife could do it. It'd definitely be more fun on a full suspension (and I never say that).

Last edited:

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Good riding with you Wayne, lets do it again.

[video=youtube;UUL3YQd8ip8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUL3YQd8ip8[/video]

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm going to ride the hot springs (2nd water?) up diamond fork tomorrow morning. I plan on leaving pretty early. Hope I beat the crowd. I haven't ride this trail for at least 15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk