Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Just got these bad boys last night, they are the ENVE 26" AM, tubeless, I can't wait to get them all mounted up and take them out before the snow.
photo.jpg

sixstringsteve

anybody ridden Captain Ahab near Amasaback? It's supposed to be pretty flowy and technical. Not sure how those two fit together, but it sounds interesting. I haven't found a trial yet that I absolutely love in Moab. I'm looking for something flowy like Rush or Maple Hollow. Any suggestions in the Moab area?

sixstringsteve

so... one of the best ways to improve mountain biking is to learn to BMX. Legacy raceway in Layton has a free BMX clinic at the track. It's 2 hours long and they'll teach you all sorts of skills (pumping, berms, turning, starts, etc). You can take your mtb. Bring long pants, long sleeves, and a helmet. I HIGHLY recommend the BMX clinics, they're super fun.

sixstringsteve

not exactly mountain biking, but all bikers should enjoy this film. I have so much respect for Lancondeguy, he's my favorite rider. I can't believe how huge he goes on these jumps.

[video=youtube;eFqpzhRyK8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFqpzhRyK8M#t=117[/video]

sixstringsteve

another fun video. We should do one of these. I would lose every contest, but it'd be fun.

[video=youtube;mFMah6lLl18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFMah6lLl18[/video]

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Those are hot! Let us know how you like them. New wheels always make a huge difference.

Finally got them mounted and took them out yesterday. Man what a difference, I am so glad that I got them. I took them out on the North Ogden Shoreline trail, Yesterday was a beautiful day to ride, perfect weather, sun shining and all the colored leaves, perfect day.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Is it more the weight that you notice, or is the ride different?
I would have to say ride difference. It doesn't sound like much but when you start pedaling up a steep hill it feels like you aren't having to exert as much force to get it rolling, it just feels more smooth. Sounds kind of crazy but you definately could tell a difference. You can also feel it when turning your handle bars, I think that is where you could feel the weight difference. Once I get my new stem, handle bars and seat post I hope to be able to really feel the weight difference.
Before I went I took my old wheels with a the tire, rim and tube and compared the weight to the new ENVE wheels with air and tires and they felt like they weighed about half of my old wheels.

sixstringsteve

I know what you mean, rotational weight makes a HUGE difference. Could you feel a difference on the downhill? When you weren't accelerating, did the bike respond/ride differently?

sixstringsteve

You won't float on top of powder if that's what you're wondering. The tires have to eventually sink down until they're on something semi-solid. They'd be great for packed trails or XC Skiing trails (just don't ride in their tracks).