Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm trying to get my dirt bike back together. If that happens I'll be riding it. If not I'll shoot you a text.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

sixstringsteve

Rode Lambert on Saturday. Spring, High Bench, and parts of Middle were too wet to ride, but the eastern trails were great.

smartass_kid

pic is from last week but been riding with wife and son. got my wife a vintage 10 speed that I need to lube and swap a tube. also mounted son's seat to my bike and plan to commute on her heavy single speed.

DSC05637.jpg

sixstringsteve

sweet. were there any closed signs or chains across trails? Did you start up at the top, or down by the temple?

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm out too. Weather is not looking great but I also got double booked. My wife's plans win this time. Maybe Saturday evening?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Last summer I bike commuted 13 miles each way to work a few time a week. I got lazy and tired of the clean up facilities I was using and stopped after a vacation mid August. The bike I was riding was an old rigid from the 90's that was too small, I wanted to buy one last summer but money was more tight and I was a little worried about buying a bike then not using it. I was able to rent a bike last summer though and got down to Lambert park twice but didn't really have a good experience while there. The first try I broke the chain and the second I got a flat without a patch kit. Both times I was on my first run down the mountain. I've been pretty anxious to get back riding to work as the weather has improved.

I'm looking at the Specialized Rockhopper Comp right now and have pretty much decided to pick one up. I work a couple blocks from Bingham Cyclery downtown and have been really happy with the help they have been getting the bike going last summer and with questions I have had about getting a new bike. Regardless of what I end up with I'll be picking buying some road tires for my commute.