Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Around 645 at corner canyon. I'll be riding at a quick pace today, sorry key and boogerface.

No worries. I haven't slept yet, so I was going to beg out any way. I slow you down enough when I'm well rested. :D

Where is Rattlesnake? I haven't been on that one yet.

sixstringsteve

It's up corner canyon. It's supposed to be a new one over by ghost falls I believe. 193Kyle is taking me there to ride it for the first time. I'll post my thoughts up.

sixstringsteve

Great ride tonight guys, Nate, it was good to meet you, you did really good for only your second time in the dirt!

X2, you did awesome nate. Wayne, how did we lose you? Nate broke a chain and we waited for you while we fixed it but we never saw you.

UFAB

Good job guys.

Trail running with other peops can be fun.

I was thinking about prerunning solitude mtn this weekend for next week ICUP Race.

Who would ever buy an electric bike and ask a stranger to deliver it. People...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405654679209.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405654679209.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 13

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Thanks for letting me play, I had a really enjoyable time although I am now feeling it. I'll mend, pick up some gloves and platforms and be ready to go back out in no time.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Thanks, I'll take a closer look in the morning. What about a new chain, is one better than another? I'm 2x10 if that matters. I'm okay spending a bit more if its going to be worth it in the long run, platforms and chain.

sixstringsteve

Just get a fairly decent chain. I like the regular sram 10 speed chains. Get a few extra master links for it too. :)

Don't get an ultralight hollow point chain, they're not very strong. Chains and sprockets are wear items if you put a lot of miles in.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
You posted something about going up Ann's, so after stopping for 5 seconds to get my other glove on I headed that way. I didn't catch anyone so I went back down to Clark's when I heard voices that way. Didn't see anyone so I just went up the trail and back down Rush to my truck.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I found some Shimano Saint platforms for about $60 so I think I'm going to go with those. I plan to take my bike up to the shop on Monday at lunch to get a new chain and have them give it a quick once-over to make sure everything is still in good shape after my spill. I tried on some MTB gloves today but didn't love anything for the price they wanted and may just get a pair from the hardware store to use for a bit. At least if I don't end up liking them I can use them for house projects. I'm a bit concerned with durability with the ones I tried on.

sixstringsteve

I like almost all fox gloves (motocross gloves), and I like the mechanix gloves with the tan leather pieces. True MX or mountain bike gloves will have better breathability and will have silicone grips on the braking fingers.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I stopped at the bike shop today to get a new chain. The mechanic took a look at it and said that it was still in decent shape with about 60% life left on it. He said that the master links (?) were far enough apart that they shouldn't be a problem either. I told him I wrecked pretty good and so he gave it a look over and declared I hadn't damaged anything horribly and then gave me a few pointers on how to do a quick inspection after the next tumble.

I also picked up some gloves and a quick-release for the seat post. I ordered the platforms yesterday from Chain Reaction Cycles and got a shipping notification already.

With all that said, when is the next outing? :)

UFAB

Solitude was ok. Just a long drive.

Snow Bird has their new trail open from the tram.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

nnnnnate

Supporting Member

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I've been wanting to ride one of the resorts, but I get the impression that everything is technical downhill bombing or boring ride-really-fast-down-the-service-road stuff.