Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

I rented an ibis mojo 3 yesterday. Funnest bike I've ever ridden. It was the first plus bike I've ridden that felt like an advantage. It was a riot. I highly recommend giving one a try if you can. I had so much confidence. It was the best turning bike I've ever ridden and probably the best jumping bike. Even though it's only 130mm, the 2.8 tires allowed you to push it harder than you should.

My Bronson is way faster, but the mojo was more fun, especially in the twisties.

Last edited:

Tonkaman

I rented an ibis mojo 3 yesterday. Funnest bike I've ever ridden. It was the first plus bike I've ridden that felt like an advantage. It was a riot. I highly recommend giving one a try if you can. I had so much confidence. It was the best turning bike I've ever ridden and probably the best jumping bike. Even though it's only 130mm, the 2.8 tires allowed you to push it harder than you should.

My Bronson is way faster, but the mojo was more fun, especially in the twisties.

I had a Titanium Ibis Mojo back when nobody had heard of them. I loved that bike

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Who's running tubeless, and what sealant do you like? I've heard the Stans can dry out pretty fast here in the desert unless you add some Slime to it. I've also heard that the special tubeless Slime sealant is garbage.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm tubeless and love it. I use Stans. I just changed it out a couple months ago from last season (and sitting all winter) and it wasn't dried out.
Buy a quart of it on Amazon. All the local shops seem to think that even small quantity is made of gold.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I just threw in a couple of slime brand pre-gooped tubes.
I think I ran through a bunch of goat heads in the first mile I put on my bike.

Kevin B.

I just threw in a couple of slime brand pre-gooped tubes.
I think I ran through a bunch of goat heads in the first mile I put on my bike.

I couldn't find Slimed presta tubes when I was looking, so I cut a couple tubes open and made my own, they worked well until the Slime dried out. Since then I've been running thornproof tubes, they work well too but they're heavy beasts. So I'm going to give ghetto tubeless a try.

Yesterday I popped off the rear tire, cleaned and taped the wheel, robbed a valve from an old tube and siliconed it in. This morning I'm going to giver 4oz of Stans and see what happens.

sixstringsteve

I've never had good luck with ghetto tubeless or tires that aren't tubeless compatible.

I used to think tubeless was a joke. The technology has come a long way in the past few years. Now I'm totally sold. Thousands of miles over the past 2 years and zero flats, and I run at stupid low pressures.

Samersen

How low of pressures are you running?

I am running 30ish psi in the front and rear; I give my tires the pinch test before rides nothing too fancy.

sixstringsteve

It's been a while since I measured mine, but I'm usually in the range Kiel is.

We rode whistler today. I was underwhelmed (but I'm not an amazing rider, so I didn't ride dirt merchant or aline). But I feel that canyons has trails that are more fun. Squamish, on the other hand, was incredible .

Kevin B.

Ghetto tubeless round one is a fail. Couldn't get it to seal around the stem or in several places along the bead (old WTB wheels, cheap offbrand tires). If I stumble across a set of 24" or 26" presta tubes I might give the split tube version a shot, but otherwise I'm going to wait until these tires wear out and then buy tubeless-ready.

How low of pressures are you running?

I am running 30ish psi in the front and rear; I give my tires the pinch test before rides nothing too fancy.

About 30, I think. I don't check it either.

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Just got the new bike put together and was happy to find some tubeless valve stems included, i'll be ordering some sealant and converting asap.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
What did you end up getting Josh?

I picked up a Diamondback Release 2 that I got a screaming deal on. I just got back from my first shake down ride..... I have to say FS are the shiz, and I really appreciate the blatant rip off suspension from Santa Cruz. I had so much more confidence on bumpy sections, felt very much in control. Also felt like climbing was easier, didn't notice any pedal bob and just enough squish in climb mode to keep the tire where it supposed to be. I had the old school stigma on FS bikes since i've been out of the loop for almost two decades.... just like everything else new technology rules. Also air shocks and dropper posts, what a difference those make.

e584cb7f68776f8be44ab1a1e3ec2746.jpg