Any trips comming up that you don't have to have a JEEP to be accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo1

Amigos = Friends
Can I just say it would be nice, UTAH, that you can have something other than the all too common JEEP or Toyota and feel like people want to wheel with you? Where's the the FUN factor as opposed to fitting into the "click"?
I feel I shouldn't have to join a vehicle specific club just to have fun on a trail run. I am soooo dissappointed in the people I've net so far.

Johnny4X4

you need to check out slc4x4.com.

we dont care what you drive. you just gotta be a good person who can hold back the swear words as we are a family oriented club.

check it out, look around and read the pages, see if it is for you.

adios

Johnny

amigo1

Amigos = Friends
Can I just say it would be nice, UTAH, that you can have something other than the all too common JEEP or Toyota and feel like people want to wheel with you? Where's the the FUN factor as opposed to fitting into the "click"?
I feel I shouldn't have to join a vehicle specific club just to have fun on a trail run. I am soooo dissappointed in the people I've net so far.:(

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Huh???

I've wheeled with Scouts, Jeeps, Isuzus, LandRovers... all in the last week... Join a club that has alot of different makes, SLC4x4, Utah 4x4, or UOOC all come to mind.... AND come out to an RME trailrun, I've been on RME runs with pretty much everything offered in 4WD ;)

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
You haven't met the right people.
I don't even fit in with most of the jeep guys...

Check out the Utah Four Wheel Drive association... great group, all makes and models.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
huh?

You're probably the only person that is making an issue out of what you drive.

amigo1

Amigos = Friends
It was a RME run that I felt like an alien driving a pinto, so my wife and I did it alone and had a good time anyway.(she was dissapointed in the overall attitude also).

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
You are so hung up on what you drive that you had to cross post it? Get over it and go wheelin bud. Nobody cares but you.

In my life, I've only been around 1 trail ride that was exclusive to a certain vehicle--and that is/was Grand Slam (which is a grand cherokee event). Of the hundreds of other trails I've been on I've never once seen a rig get turned away cause it wasn't a 'jeep' or a 'toy'.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
maybe you should not take it so personally? Sometimes on the RME runs a lot of people form into click's because they have been friends for years. I promise it doesn't have anything to do with what you drive.

If you have a chip on your shoulder about it then it's probably going to be difficult to get to know anyone.

Maybe you're just weird ;)

amigo1

Amigos = Friends
Cody- I know how I was treated- with a witness, and saw another person with an 'other' vehicle that it seemed the same way. Where you there? what do you drive?

amigo1

Amigos = Friends
No chip, and I feel no need to prove anything with my vehicle, I've just never been treated as such in moab or elsewhere. Just making a point- feeling guilty?

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
If you're not wheeling that's your fault. I have never been on a "Jeep only" trail ride. But then again I don't really ride with a ton of people. I'm sorry that you are disappointed, but seriously get over it, or check out the upcoming trip section here. They are never brand exclusive.:rolleyes:

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Nothin's wrong with scouts, but their owners tend to be a little weird... most of them end up with scout collection syndrome.

When the vehicle can be had for $500, its usually just too easy to have a spare foreverything... including the vehicle itself.

They're not a Nissan?

(but some have a Nissan diesel engine if I remember right)

I'm so confused!

Nobody cares what you drive, but you. Just go wheeling. There are plenty of cool, accepting groups.

Yes, some Scouts came with a Nissan diesel engine. Very desirable and rare, so if you find one let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.