Anyone into 3D printing?

ebryson

Here is one of my most recent prints. I didn't like any of the phone holders out on the market so I invented my own. I want to make a few adjustments to the angle it holds the phone and it does replace a vent but I'm not using those anyway...
I did break it on accident trying to pry the support off, but luckily I had already decided that the magnet will hold in place.
20240804_133953.jpg

Here is a cool print in PLA I did for @mbryson a while ago. Some sun and a few months later this is what it looks like. Really shows how important choosing the right material for the job is. If you ask me this is a really cool "failure". I've decided to try my hand at PETG and so far I quite like it. Not has heat resistant at ABS but definitely more than PLA.
20240804_140048.jpg

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Here is one of my most recent prints. I didn't like any of the phone holders out on the market so I invented my own. I want to make a few adjustments to the angle it holds the phone and it does replace a vent but I'm not using those anyway...
I did break it on accident trying to pry the support off, but luckily I had already decided that the magnet will hold in place.
View attachment 175140

Here is a cool print in PLA I did for @mbryson a while ago. Some sun and a few months later this is what it looks like. Really shows how important choosing the right material for the job is. If you ask me this is a really cool "failure". I've decided to try my hand at PETG and so far I quite like it. Not has heat resistant at ABS but definitely more than PLA.
View attachment 175141
Have you printed any ASA? I have been interested in trying it. Petg doesn't print as clean as pla for me on my super baller ender with no enclosure 🤣

STAG

Have you printed any ASA? I have been interested in trying it. Petg doesn't print as clean as pla for me on my super baller ender with no enclosure 🤣
I’ve printed a few rolls of ASA. I recommend a brim and PVB gluestick. No cooling fan and print slower and avoid drafts. All the ASA I’ve printed has turned out with quite a matte finish, but can withstand car interior temperatures.

Resin prints are also non-thermic; so they won’t melt, which is great for high-temp applications; but also means you can’t use heatset thread inserts, but you can superglue them in.

ebryson

Here we go trying new things! Because hood vents look cool and provide some good engine bay cooling I thought I get some, but I don't feel like paying $100 for some metal vents.... so I thought I'd try my hand at designing and printing some. I also tried to design it so it'll just snap in place instead of bolting or riveting it down.
20240906_123309.jpg
Here is the PLA prototype. Might be good for me to slow the print speed just a tad, but I mostly like the way it turned out.
20240906_122551.jpg
This is just one side. I was hoping I'd have to shrink it down for build plate purposes but it almost fits to well there. The plan is to print it out of ASA for its heat resistance and uv resist properties.