Build Thread: Sixstringsteve's 2002 Tacoma double cab: Carlos

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Oh, those holes will be covered. I'm putting the black factory flare back on the front. I broke a couple clips when I took it off, and today I grabbed some more clips from the dealer. Now it's ready to go back on. I was hoping to get the inner and outer fenders back on tonight. We'll see how it goes.

I dig the integrated light bars into that bumper. It's a little too pre-runnery for my taste, but it has some great lines. I'm going to pretty much copy this bumper:

Elite_FBumper_ToyotaTacoma_9504.jpg

Then I will make a copy of yours

sixstringsteve

And now the moment you've all been waiting for...

Ever since I tubbed the front fenders I get almost daily questions about the front fenders. I finally got the replacement tabs from the dealer today, so I put the pass fender flare on. The bottom of the flare is good enough for me, but if anyone has any brilliant ideas of how to finish it off I'm all ears.

IMG_2168.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

Inner fender liner is installed too. It's got a little gap at the bottom but I'm not too worried.

IMG_2171.JPG

IMG_2172.JPG

sixstringsteve

gotcha. Here you go. I'll take some better ones in the daytime.

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2175.JPG

I'm waiting to trim the front of the fender until I have my bumper done.

IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

sixstringsteve

yeah, I dig both of those. Aside from the front bumper (and maybe a rear bumper) I think I'm pretty much done with visual modifications. The rest will just be little things: wiring lockers, skids, dual batteries, compressor, little things like that.

Rock Taco

Looks good! I guess if you wanted to completely obsessive about it you could epoxy/plastic weld the part you cut off near the bottom and mold it (with heat) inside the wheel well....But thats just crazy talk! lol

sixstringsteve

I finally wired my elocker. I'll have to test it out on the way to work tomorrow. With all the snow we're getting, it'll be nice to have a locker for dome peace if mind. I cant wait till I have the winch mounted and working.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I finally wired my elocker. I'll have to test it out on the way to work tomorrow. With all the snow we're getting, it'll be nice to have a locker for dome peace if mind. I cant wait till I have the winch mounted and working.

It'll get a workout for sure. I don't normally bother with 4wd on the roads, but I did tonight. :eek:

Coco

Good to hear you got it together Steve! Sorry it was so late when I dropped it off! :-\

One thing I do hate on a project is wiring. I cant stand doing it lol