Eagles Nest illegal bypass

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Let's keep this one ontopic.

I'm game for a clean up later this spring.

I've only been up RS & Con once since I move up north. I can't say it looked much like the original pictures when they were first ran. Pretty sad that it only takes a few "trail uneducated" to ruin it for everybody.

Are the signs too hard to read or comprehend? What's the deal?

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
scoutabout said:
Maybe an RME trail patrol is in order? Considering that someone from RME is up at the snakes almost every weekend, might as well get a little formal about it and start kicking people's arses for doing damage to the trails.
With 4000 members I bet these almost is.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
It doesn't seem to matter if the people are form RME or not, we have our own share of idiots here. I usually go out with a group from RME, most are great guys and stay on the trail and we have a blast. Others seem ok, and are just total belligerent dumbasses and drive like there at the mall hopping curbs and whatnot.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
WJ ZUK said:
It doesn't seem to matter if the people are form RME or not, we have our own share of idiots here. I usually go out with a group from RME, most are great guys and stay on the trail and we have a blast. Others seem ok, and are just total belligerent dumbasses and drive like there at the mall hopping curbs and whatnot.
I can say I have had similar experiences.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Cherokeester said:
other than that keep your own rules to yourself.
I would also like to here more about this statement. I don't think anyone here is making up any new rules.

I also can't believe that I just read a U4WD member said that bypasses are ok... that is just sickening.....

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
James K said:
honestly I think they are ignored.

Honestly when I went out there I saw the Rattlesnake Sign (thats because it was showed to me). but i didn't see Con's sign. It was hard to see, It kind of bleneded in. Maybe get them more visable.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I think that specific BB member was thinking like those detour signs on the highway when theres construction, they send you on an alternte route.:rofl:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Remember this guy ;)

Yes, that is the Eagles Nest in the beginning...

EDITED: Pic removed to save my mental state ;)

Last edited:

krazz1e

The constrictor sign is clearly visible. I've been up there twice and saw it nice and clear. It's clear it's a 5 rated trails and to expect body damage., ect. Bypasses were created by people and the sign does not outline the trail so those bypasses continue to get used because new people to the trail are not aware of the correct path, or ASSUME there a legit bypass.

I am not saying, nor do I think scoutabout is implying to continue using these 'illegeal' routes, rather just discussing should there be some officially made, specifically in winch only locations alternative lines. To me, winching up an obstacle isn't much fun and really defeats the purpose and challenge.

Flame on.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
krazz1e said:
I am not saying, nor do I think scoutabout is implying to continue using these 'illegeal' routes, rather just discussing should there be some officially made, specifically in winch only locations alternative lines. To me, winching up an obstacle isn't much fun and really defeats the purpose and challenge.

Flame on.
NO BYPASSES.

Suprise Canyon has always been winch only. and the pictures are incredible that I have seen. winching is not a bad thing and sometime is just a necessary evil.