Eagles Nest illegal bypass

Meat_

Banned
cruiseroutfit said:
Remember this guy ;)

Yes, that is the Eagles Nest in the beginning...

attachment.php

:confused:

I just can't quite see the difference Kurt, would you point it out plz?

attachment.php

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Meat_ said:
:I just can't quite see the difference Kurt, would you point it out plz?
wow............................what happed to the ledge,,,,it has been awhile since I have been there.....:-\

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Those photos are night and day: Damn you guys were hardcore back in the day, no wonder why James is so :cool:

Meat_

Banned
Shawn said:
wow............................what happed to the ledge,,,,it has been awhile since I have been there.....:-\

I'm sick about it and I never saw it in the day.....

Here's a closer view.... these were taken on 3-16-05 btw

Last edited:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I hope your trying to be funny or are you just ignorant? The right way is right of the tree up the steep water fall, the bypass is on the left/north side of the canyon

WJ ZUK said:
I hope your trying to be funny or are you just ignorant? The right way is right of the tree up the steep water fall, the bypass is on the left/north side of the canyon

I guess I'm just ignorant.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Remember those lame threads back in the day about "who's climbed the Eagle's Nest unassisted"? I think we should hijack this thread into one of those, then go clean up/repair the trail.

Cherokeester

James K said:
want to elaborate?

Sure! Because someone who has a few multi thousand posts on some internet site makes you some kind of trail boss? Or start bashing people for they way they run a trail? I would hope most of us here abide by some kind of trail ethics. Don't litter, crap, or other wise leave junk on the trail. Don't drive off the trail because it is too hard etc. But to bash someones rig just cuz? WTH? Focus on the trail repairs. It is apparent as this hobby continues to grow we will have more problems. How do we approach solving them? I tell you what, I am no trail whore. I don't need new trails made out of atv trails. Maybe making con a jeep trail was the first mistake. Who knows?:confused:

Edit: BTW, nice job mutilating the tree just to winch up a few more feet!!!

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Cherokeester said:
Sure! Because someone who has a few multi thousand posts on some internet site makes you some kind of trail boss? Or start bashing people for they way they run a trail? I would hope most of us here abide by some kind of trail ethics. Don't litter, crap, or other wise leave junk on the trail. Don't drive off the trail because it is too hard etc. But to bash someones rig just cuz? WTH? Focus on the trail repairs. It is apparent as this hobby continues to grow we will have more problems. How do we approach solving them? I tell you what, I am no trail whore. I don't need new trails made out of atv trails. Maybe making con a jeep trail was the first mistake. Who knows?:confused:
Talk about ignorance. Have you even read the sign at the entrance to Constrictor?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Cherokeester said:
I don't need new trails made out of atv trails. Maybe making con a jeep trail was the first mistake. Who knows?:confused:
Do you know why we went in there with "Jeeps" in the first place? And do you know who gave us permission? The clues are all in this thread.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I'd be more than happy to help make this happen & I'll do everything I can to be there. It needs to be done and we members of RME adopted these trails... we need to up-keep & maintain them.

My biggest concern is what we can do with the trail & keep the BLM happy with the changes. I think if we sat down with them & showed them what we wanted to do & why, they'd be willing to give us the go-ahead. After all, it's public land and everyone needs to be thought of.

As far as the needs, I agree that the bypass around the beginning (Wolverine) needs to be blocked, as well as the bypass around the Eagles Nest. I think the fences that Hickey pointed out would be great, at the top & bottom of each bypass. Legal signage on the fence declaring it a revegetation area would be even better. If the BLM could also supply us with native materials to replant those damaged areas I think we could reverse what's been done.

Finally, how do we make a winch anchor that will last? Drilling 3 ft into that rock will be difficult, I have no idea what it would take. I know we've talked about it before, but I think we need to act... and soon.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Cherokeester said:
Yes I have as a matter of fact. Why does that show ignorance from what I posted?
The sign clearly states "Stay on the trail". As far as post counts go, you tend to get a few when you have been here as long as James and others like him. There are others who have many more posts and have been here less time. Post counts DO NOT MATTER.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
i have an idea for blocking the left hand pass.why not take all that shattered rock at the bottom of eagles nest and make a natural wall on the left hand side of the tree?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I'd really like this thread to focus on the positive side of what it's going to take to get the damage repaired. But knowing how discussions concerning these trails go, I doubt that will be the case. :rolleyes: