Egg Beater Build (AKA Scrambler)

webyepn

gone yeepn
are you gonna run any corner protection ?

You know im not sure. I have thought about getting some but there is a couple of things in my way..

1. I may spend the money down the road but I need the money for other things know.

2. My scrambler has been bobbed so i need to either cut a set down or see if a LJ set are the same size as my bobbed scrambler..:-\

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Good i was wondering what had happened to your build, get the pics flowing and get your butt down to the budget church(aka RME) and share your amazing metal experiences with us all

jdub

Scrambler
It should be close, Aren't you using a lj top? As far as Gen-right is concerned the scramblers and LJ's are the same when it comes to rocker guards. The other question is... Are you going to flop with your type of wheeling? If so, I'd protect it somehow 'cause all this hard work could get messed up quick.

webyepn

gone yeepn
Hey there everyone.. I am looking forward to finally getting the Egg Beater Build back underway. I kinda hit some personal road blocks this summer that slowed the build down to a hault for awhile. But I do have some pics of some progress to post as well as the frame is going into the shop next week to get the fuel lines and pump put in it for the new motor.
Then I will be doing a ruff assembly so that we can get the motor and trans put in as well as attach the seats to the roll cage and the cage to the frame. Then the body will be coming off for a coat of beadliner in the tub and underbelly. Then a fresh coat of paint then onto final assembly.. I will post some new pics soon.

webyepn

gone yeepn
It should be close, Aren't you using a lj top? As far as Gen-right is concerned the scramblers and LJ's are the same when it comes to rocker guards. The other question is... Are you going to flop with your type of wheeling? If so, I'd protect it somehow 'cause all this hard work could get messed up quick.

Jdub. No the top is a scrambler best top that I had PG upolstry cut down for me it was actually very easy. I see you driving around all the time. I need to stop you one day and take a look at ur rig. I am going to put some corner protectors on it. I have a friend that just bought a break press so I believe I will biuld my own..:ugh:

webyepn

gone yeepn
Filling more holes and cutting out rust and making patches.. To date it has been primed with House Of Kolor Zinc rich epoxy primer.

misc 07-10 100.jpg

del 088.jpg

del 089.jpg

Picture 019.jpg

Picture 020.jpg

Picture 018.jpg

webyepn

gone yeepn
So two weeks ago I took the beater down to Chad Carter in American Fork to run the fuel lines, fuel pump and new brake lines. After taking a good look at the frame as well we noticed some places that need beefing up so we will do that while we have the body off. I will post pics as we have more progress..

jdub

Scrambler
My Scrambler frame tears on the passenger side in the engine bay. Everytime I weld or even fishplate it it pops. It wants to tear but never get's worse. If I were doing a tear-down I would definitely do the same, Welding with the fuel lines out is much less scary.

webyepn

gone yeepn
My Scrambler frame tears on the passenger side in the engine bay. Everytime I weld or even fishplate it it pops. It wants to tear but never get's worse. If I were doing a tear-down I would definitely do the same, Welding with the fuel lines out is much less scary.

For sure. We are going to Box the whole front end and put in some gussets. We need to Beef up my spring mounts as well. Hopefully I will have it back home and getting pre-assembly in about two or three weeks. Then back to the shop for the drive trian.
:D

Bart

So two weeks ago I took the beater down to Chad Carter in American Fork to run the fuel lines, fuel pump and new brake lines. After taking a good look at the frame as well we noticed some places that need beefing up so we will do that while we have the body off. I will post pics as we have more progress..

WOW, Chad Carter and the frame? Good call on both and you're definitely heading in the right direction.

webyepn

gone yeepn
WOW, Chad Carter and the frame? Good call on both and you're definitely heading in the right direction.

lol... Thanks Bart.. Chad is not only a good friend but a awesome mechanic. He has helped me out alot..

Hey on another note. If you know of anyone interested in a bike I have two for sale?

webyepn

gone yeepn
Hello everyone!!!! The Egg beater build is back and hopfully to stay this time. I finally got some personal things in my life to settle down and all is well..

Believe it or not I have actually made some pretty good progress on my frame. All of the fish plating is done as well as all of the gussets. I got a MORE steering box barcket installed and I also got rid of my ruff riding traction bar and put in a different set up.

I will post up some pictures of were Im at later on this weekend. It doesn't look like much has been done but putting in those gussets is not as easy as it looks. Next week I am taking the frame down to get it blasted and a new coat of paint.

jdub

Scrambler
I have a crack on the inside of the frame as I have highlighted. My crack on the outside may not exist on yours cause of your frame mod.

Attachments

• crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 19