Egg Beater Build (AKA Scrambler)

webyepn

gone yeepn
You guys have know idea how excited I am to finally be able to start putting this thing back together rather than tearing it apart!!:D
I almost have all of the break and fuel lines ran. To see some contrast on the frame really makes it look alot better. (I will get picks soon) Last couple of weeks I have been getting to know the UPS man with all of the parts that have been coming.:eek:
Bart I will be bringing it home after I finish up the lines down at Chad's tomorrow. Feel free to come over anytime and check it out. I will be putting the body back on and the cage in. Then it is back down to Chad's to put in the drivetrain and do some mod's on the roll cage. Then back home for some body work, Fresh coat of paint, and final assembly.:) If it was only as easy and quick as it sounds... lol:rofl:

webyepn

gone yeepn
Oh and I want to give a big thanks to Brad Sr., and Brad Jr. from City Of Fun Show's for letting me use there sandblast booth and paint booth for my frame!!!

webyepn

gone yeepn
misc07-10189.jpg
[/IMG]

webyepn

gone yeepn
Ok guys I have some more updates to give you. So I pulled down all of my parts from storage to start going threw them..:confused: After I got them down and couldn't remember where half of them went I started to wonder what I had got myself into!:ugh:

misc07-10001.jpg
[/IMG]

But I got over it and started to push threw! I fitted the tub with the new body mounts. Changed out the hubs, Mounted the steering colum, and steering box, Put in the roll cage and wha laa.. :eek:

misc07-10044.jpg
[/IMG]

misc07-10047.jpg
[/IMG]

misc07-10048.jpg
[/IMG]

So Back down to Chad's it goes to get the drive train installed and the roll cage mods and fixed to the frame done. When I dropped off the Jeep on Sunday Chad had a little suprise for me!:D

misc07-10005.jpg
[/IMG]

misc07-10004.jpg
[/IMG]

I can not wait for this thing to be finished it is going to be one bad A rig!!!:)

webyepn

gone yeepn
Decided to rebuild the back half of my roll cage and got some new sheet metal to replace the rear corners!!

1304052507.jpg
[/IMG]

webyepn

gone yeepn
I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

I'm wanting to put a tilt colum in my CJ but I am having a hard time finding one that will fit. I know that many of you guys have found them out of other vehicles. Could you please help me and let me know what year and make vehicle you pulled yours out of that worked well??? :confused:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I put a 93 XJ tilt column in my Scrambler. I blended the XJ wiring with the CJ wiring so I ended up with tilt, cruise, delay wipers and light dimming all on the column.

webyepn

gone yeepn
I put a 93 XJ tilt column in my Scrambler. I blended the XJ wiring with the CJ wiring so I ended up with tilt, cruise, delay wipers and light dimming all on the column.

Hey DaveB. I believe we talked about this once before but I couldn't remember what you did. (I was hoping you would respond.. haha) How was the length I have found two other colums. One out of a 97 S10 blazer but we don't think they will work because of the length. That would be nice to have the wiper delay. You really have cruise? :eek: I could used to that! :cool: