Egg Beater Build (AKA Scrambler)

webyepn

gone yeepn
Hinge bolts.

Does anyone know a good cheap place where I can find new hing bolts? Also I want some input.:D Should I do stainless on all my hardware bolts or should I paint them the same color as the hardware??? :confused:

Let here what everyone thinks!!:rofl:

webyepn

gone yeepn
Tis the season to Start working on my projects again..

Well friends yet another summer has gone by without much progress on my project.. I am heading out to the shop once again and with any luck I will have this thing running buy spring time... The kids and wife are about ready to kill me!!!! They want there toy back as do I.:D

I had a fun summer with the family however. We got a new trailer and did alot of camping with it. I also Drew a Henry's managment tag for Deer and got me a pretty nice buck. That taxed the fun budget quite a bit so I haven't really had any extra money.

sept. 022.jpg

I have done some work to my project that I haven't posted so I will get updated pictures soon..;)

Randyzzz

Fully Scrambled
Good to hear you're going on it again. But- also nice to have had a good summer with the family. We got a camping trailer, and only used it once!:( Bought a cherry Grand Wagoneer for the wife too, another "project". But, I did get my Scrambler running, it's like a rocketship on wheels. So...post up some pics, and get her running!

Bart

Good to hear you're making progress and back at it again. Next spring will be a good target. I should have mine back together by March.

webyepn

gone yeepn
Well peeps. I guess its time I start updating were Im at on my build. Its not going nearly as fast as I would like it to but I am widdeling away at it as I can. I haven't looked threw my thread for awhile so I hadn't noticed how far behind I am on pics. Next weekend I will take a bunch of pics and get them posted and update you as I post the pics. Thanks to everyone for all your encouragement and support!

webyepn

gone yeepn
Ok guys here are some updates.

I got the back end findished up. and the holes cut for the new gas fill possition.
misc 2012 007.jpg
misc 2012 008.jpgmisc 2012 006.jpg

Had a little fun with the gas cap as well.. lol this is what makes a build special.;)
1331526880.jpg

webyepn

gone yeepn
Also we decided to extend the back side of the cage because it didn't cover the passangers in the back seat. We also decided to make the front part better as well.

Here are some pics of the original cage.

misc 07-10 044.jpgmisc 07-10 047.jpgmisc 07-10 045.jpgmisc 07-10 048.jpg

webyepn

gone yeepn
Well I'm off to spend another day working on the Jeep. im Going to get the rock sliders on and tie the roll cage to the frame. Wish me luck. If anyone wants to come play your more than welcome! Lol

webyepn

gone yeepn
Well I was able to put in about 20 hrs on the project this weekend. I finished welding the cage (Other than when I pull it out and flip it over) and started on building the rock sliders. I was able to get them mounted up. The cage will run threw the rock sliders and then connect down to the frame. They sure eat up alot of time building them but in the end they will look good and be tuff as nails.:cool: So after I finish the rock sliders and tying the cage to the frame. I finally get to start putting in the drivetrain.:D

Its finally coming along!!!