Egg Beater Build (AKA Scrambler)

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
I am with Bart thought I give anyone that rides in my jeep a good talking to about not grabbing the roll cage in the event of a roll.. As with my Kids I play a little game with them. They know that if I yell roll they are to grab onto there shirt or seatbelt as tight as they can. I do that in the hopes that if a roll ever happens I can yell roll and it will be instinct that they grab there seabelt or shirt..
I don't know if it will work I have never had to test it but kids fallow by repartition.

;)I always give the speech as well, but in a moment of panic people seldom recall simple instructions!:-\ Good call on having a little drill with the kids though every time out, funny thing is they remember instructions better most adults!!:D

BTW: cage look great!:D

webyepn

gone yeepn
;)I always give the speech as well, but in a moment of panic people seldom recall simple instructions!:-\ Good call on having a little drill with the kids though every time out, funny thing is they remember instructions better most adults!!:D

BTW: cage look great!:D

Amen Deweyxj.. Lol. Thank you I really like the way it turned out. Have you worked on yours much lately?

webyepn

gone yeepn
that cage looks great! Hopefully those springs settle a bit when the drivetrain gets in there.

Thanks sixstringsteve.. You and me both hope they settle. It wasn't that tall at all when I tore it down so Im sure it will settle alot. I can hardly get in it right now.. lol.

Hey I wanted to ask you are you on the Utahbmx forum? There is a sixstringsteve on there as well and I would assume it is you?

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
Amen Deweyxj.. Lol. Thank you I really like the way it turned out. Have you worked on yours much lately?

Had a death in the family a few weeks back so that has taken alot of time to deal with.:( I did get out there this last weekend & did the finish welding on the rocker/sliders!:)

Next week I'll try to finish weld the cage & clean out the tub so I can do bedliner inside before final assy.:rolleyes: We'll see how far I get!

webyepn

gone yeepn
Had a death in the family a few weeks back so that has taken alot of time to deal with.:( I did get out there this last weekend & did the finish welding on the rocker/sliders!:)

Next week I'll try to finish weld the cage & clean out the tub so I can do bedliner inside before final assy.:rolleyes: We'll see how far I get!

Im sorry to hear about your loss.. I send my condolences.. :(

webyepn

gone yeepn
Progress???

Went on a couple of summer vacation's with the kids so I haven't got alot done on it. I have just been working on all the little tabs on the roll cage. I got the front seat mounted up and need to get the seatbelts installed then the cage will finally be done. I will post pics of it all together when I get it to that point..

webyepn

gone yeepn
UPDATE!!!!

Well guys I guess it is a time for a update!:D With summer I have been moving a little slower than I would like However I have been able to continue to make some decent progress with all of the playing I have been doing..
I was able to get the cage all finished up. The tabs are all in the seats are mounted and the seat belts are installed. Now all I need to do do is pull it out flip it over and weld the bottom up blast it and paint it bright silver. Pulling it out however may present a challange. We built it so tight in the body to preserve what little room I have that it is not going to be fun getting it out and I am even more worried about getting it in without messing up the paint. But where there is a will there is a way!-_-
Here are a few pictures.
IMG_0268.jpg

webyepn

gone yeepn
I also put in the dash for mauch up. I was worried about it fitting because of how close the roll bar was but once we figured out how it went in I couldn't believe it fit. Barely but it fit. I couldn't open the glove box door because of where the passanger bar came down so I moved the door over and made a piece to fill in on the otherside and it actually turned out really nice. I will have to get some picture of it later.

Also we shortend up the shaft on the hydro boost breaks by about 5" so that they would hook up to the break peddle. Put a nice tig bead on there and they are all set to go. If anyone is intersted in seeing more on that let me know and I can get some pictures of what we did.

So now other than some little odds and ends it is finally the most exciting part of the build!! The motor and trans are finally going in guys. I can't believe that I am finally to this point. After we get it all put in I get to bring it home, tear it all back down and start putting color on it. If you cant tell I am beyond excited for this part...:D

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
To pull my cage out I used ratchet straps to pull the legs together a few inches & then lifted it out with a chain hoist! Then the same going back in after welding & paint! :cool:

It worked out pretty well except for some bolt hole alignment issues, probably due to both welding & squeezing them down.:-\ But, with some wood blocks & a load locking bar I got all but 2 of them in & only had to open the holes up a little to get them in!:D

I'm looking forward to seeing more!:)

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Also we shortend up the shaft on the hydro boost breaks by about 5" so that they would hook up to the break peddle. Put a nice tig bead on there and they are all set to go. If anyone is intersted in seeing more on that let me know and I can get some pictures of what we did.

I would love to see what you have done with the Hydro Boost set up. What did you take it off of? Which pump are you using? What did you use for lines? Hydro brakes would be awesome!