Northern Utah Five Mile on February 1st

Troop92

Just tossed up a tentative list on the first post on this thread - let me know if you want to be added removed. I know for me just having my name down and seeing it (even two weeks out) makes it more likely for me to end up going!

What time did we want to shoot to be out there? Of those that are for going, have you been out to Five Mile before? I haven't....

blznnp

Im gonna have to be on the maybe list. i should have everything I need to put my D60 in by tomorrow, but I still haven't figured out my driveline situation, but hopefully I will have the parts I need for that by next week and have it finished by the 1st.

Hardy6pack

I'm in, as long as I don't break anything at WOTR. I'd like to start earlier in the day. But whenever is fine.
I haven't wheeled 5 mile in my jeep yet. But have ran around on dirt bike and rhino several times.
See you there

Troop92

Yeah, I'd want to do earlier too. Apparently we're finishing off the nursery Saturday afternoon (ie I'm assembling a crib...) Yay?

What are we thinking? Meet up about 9:30 or so at a gas station? There's a Maverik out there if memory serves. If somewhere better... Glad we'll have at least a few that know where to go.

Tonkaman, congrats! As much as I love my Trooper, I still miss my Taco.

Troop92

I've never been out there Tonkaman, so I wasn't anticipating anything hard - I'm not set up for hardcore rock running (ie Snakes)... I'd prefer to have sliders/skids before I do that! BUT that isn't to say that with as many as we have going someone won't want to. I'm going more to explore some new terrain.

Last edited:

Tonkaman

I wasn't anticipating anything hard - I'm not set up for hardcore rock running (ie Snakes)... I'd prefer to have sliders/skids before I do that! BUT that isn't to say that with as many as we have going someone won't want to. I'm going more to explore some new terrain.

Exploring sounds good to me. Anyone bringing the family along?

Troop92

I'll maybe have a friend or two in my rig, but the wife said no. Imagine that, a 7-month pregnant wife not wanting to go.... :D

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
My wife will be getting a pedicure.... And I have someone to watch my kids. I'll probably have some friends with me if I make it. How long does snakes take if we were to do it? I am probably down for whatever. Just want to get used to the new jeep....

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
You could drive the trail in 30 minutes easy if you don't stop to play or pic-whore, but larger groups stopping at each obstacle can really stretch it out. A big group of trucks with each trying for the hardest obstacles they can find will make it into a several hour trip, and that's not counting Waynes World or Constrictor. A good size group could take all day doing the entire Snakes trail if they wanted to.

Troop92

You could drive the trail in 30 minutes easy if you don't stop to play or pic-whore, but larger groups stopping at each obstacle can really stretch it out. A big group of trucks with each trying for the hardest obstacles they can find will make it into a several hour trip, and that's not counting Waynes World or Constrictor. A good size group could take all day doing the entire Snakes trail if they wanted to.

And for those of us going out in relatively tame rigs that we don't want to beat up too bad, what can we expect? "Snakes" is actually two trails, Rattlesnake at bottom and Constrictor at top, correct?

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
I don't want to get too crazy on the first trip. I've been told that snakes is doable without hitting the hard shit. I've seen videos of stock rigs on it but I'm not sure they did the constrictor section....

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
And for those of us going out in relatively tame rigs that we don't want to beat up too bad, what can we expect? "Snakes" is actually two trails, Rattlesnake at bottom and Constrictor at top, correct?

I don't want to get too crazy on the first trip. I've been told that snakes is doable without hitting the hard shit. I've seen videos of stock rigs on it but I'm not sure they did the constrictor section....

Rattlesnake has lots of optional "hard" obstacles, but everything that's mandatory is very tame as far as 4wd trails go. I hear tell of a certain crazy bastard that took a stock Grand Vitara up it, and I don't doubt it. You guys will be fine.

Constrictor is a much shorter trail and technically difficult for stockish rigs, and unless you've got a serious truck and/or a winch you'll have to turn around at Eagles Nest, meaning everything you have to go down everything you went up. It can be intimidating your first time up, and unless you're real cocky I'd recommend 33s and sliders at a minimum.