Northern Utah Freeze Your Tail Off V

D

Deleted member 12904

What'd he do, string it between two trucks?

His buddy who Im sure is on here had a really cool 100 series I think it was. But in his front and rear bumpers he has tube pockets that allowed out rigger arms to slide down and you can hang it from the front and rear bumper. It was really neat.

Yeah their were a dozen kids there last year. If I had a decent tent I'd bring the kid
My wife wont let me bring the clones so your welcome to borrow my Kodiak if you want. I just sleep in the back of the Yukon. Those canvas walls hold heat really well.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
His buddy who Im sure is on here had a really cool 100 series I think it was. But in his front and rear bumpers he has tube pockets that allowed out rigger arms to slide down and you can hang it from the front and rear bumper. It was really neat.

Good to know, I've been thinking about doing something like that. I think probably not in December, though...

DAA

Single digits isn't cold? Ask the guy that slept in the hammock if it was cold last year :rofl:

Single digits IS COLD. Just not "too cold" for comfy slumber - unless you insist on sleeping in a hammock :D.

I get cold easy. And when I do, it hurts - literally. I hate the cold and find myself hating it more every year. And while I'm up and out in it, I'm noticing it and not liking it in a big way. Before I went to bed and after getting up, I was definitely thinking it was cold last year. But as far as sleeping weather goes, I really didn't think it was bad at all for FYTO last year.

- DAA

Jeepj667

Looking forward to it. Missed last year, even though I had the truck loaded and ready, just got off work too late and was too tired to drive solo.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I should have room in my tent for someone since I doubt I can talk my daughter/co-pilot into cold weather camping. I can provide a cot as well. You bring the bag.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I might be interested in borrowing that cot if I tough it out in a tent vs sleeping in the back of my 4Runner...that is if it's open for anyone :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Excited to see the FYTO event continue as such a fun event, please be sure to sign-up on EU, this years event is open to members only and we need a head count for some things we have planned.

blznnp

Pretty sure I remember my thermometer reading -5
I remember hearing 3 degrees from some people. Couldn't go more than 6 feet away from the fire before I froze. Also remember DAA coming out of his tent last night saying how hot it was in his tent due to his little heater. I froze, but it was my own fault, either way though, it was a good time. Not sure if I will be able to make it or not again yet.

rholbrook

Thinking of ways to stay warm on this trip since my number was called up. Thinking about sleeping in the bed of my truck. I know I can rig up some sort of tarp tent over the bed but is there a safe way to heat it? Is there some sort of safe tent heaters or ??? My idea of a good winter campout is a hotel so I am wanting to try this winter camping out.