Northern Utah invite: camping somewhere this weekend

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Thinking I might rent a Kayak or a 1 man pontoon boat for the weekend. Depending on availability on base. Hopefully I'll have something to get out on the water with.

sixstringsteve

Thinking I might rent a Kayak or a 1 man pontoon boat for the weekend. Depending on availability on base. Hopefully I'll have something to get out on the water with.

I'll have 3 kayaks and one SUP with me. You're welcome to borrow a kayak, as well as the SUP when it's not in use.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

They're inflatables, so don't get your hopes up. Actually, they're a lot of fun and they perform really well. Also, I only have a life vest for me and one for my wife, so you'll need to bring your own.

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I've camped at Lake Whitney 3 times in the last couple years, great place with good fishing and fun two tracking for OHV's.

We drove in from the Evanston WY side so we didn't have to deal with all the traffic and wildlife up Mirror lake Hwy (aka 150). Can't remember the exact name of the dirt road we drove in on, but we approached the lake from the North side and proceeded to head about mid lake on the West side and there are some really nice spots in the trees and some have nice overlooks of the lake itself which includes walking distance for fishing, boating... ect. I also camped over by beaver lake cause we were always out with our rigs so instead of all the congestion of the lake dwellers we opted to go a tad further west to the edge of the smaller lake (nice little river crossing there to some cool high mountain two track trails). If you want to go a bit farther past Beaver lake you go up in elevation a little bit via a couple small/open switchbacks and just as you crest to and upper meadow there is a nice camping spot that provided complete seclusion to others which is on the Right hand side (north-ish direction).

Lake Whitney Camping.jpg

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Kevin and I are rolling up late morning. Kevin's going to hook me up with a ride from Carl's place around 1030 back to my place. Going to take Big Cottonwood over down through park city. I would say we should be hitting Big Cottonwood between 11-1130 if anyone wants to join.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I've got the equivalent of about 10 gas station bundles in my trailer with the ATV.

I'm so glad you popped this trip out of nowhere Steve. I think I really need one last good Utah getaway before I leave this country.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I get off work at 4 so if the stars align I'll leave by 5:00-5:30 and be there by about 8:00, we all know how that works though so more than likely I'll be rolling in with Steve.

I'm gonna stay until at least mid Sunday though since I've nothing to do and nowhere to be other than in happyville in the mountains.

Looking forward to getting at least one last trip in with some of my better RME friends.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Oh Kevin...I'd thank you for offering up the invite on your camping trip you already had planned but I don't want it to go to your head so all the credit goes to Steve.