Just another run of the mill Buggy build

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I didn't mean run a different seal...I meant so you could still use smaller shaft blank material (1.5"+ O.D.) and have a larger spot on it for the seal surface, which I think is something like 1.625".

The price in 1.5" material and 1.625 was negligible so it was worth buying the bigger material and turning it down so I can keep factory seals.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Yeah, I assumed he was starting with 1.5" stock like everyone else does. That's what I get for assuming.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I bet you guys didnt know that the face of an average spline has 20 or more different radiuses in it.... BAM skippy dropping knowledge bombs up in here

and most custom shaft manufacturers cut a straight face spline... So by cutting my own shafts I will get a stronger better and way cooler shaft

Last edited:

Coco

I bet you guys didnt know that the face of an average spline has 20 or more different radiuses in it.... BAM skippy dropping knowledge bombs up in here

and most custom shaft manufacturers cut a straight face spline... So by cutting my own shafts I will get a stronger better and way cooler shaft

Still weaker than Toyota axles :D :cody:

Coco

Looks similar to what I got. I went with 7/8" masters. Mine still seem spongy, and dont stop all that well, but I think it just needs to be bled more.

What style pedals? Floor mount?

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Looks similar to what I got. I went with 7/8" masters. Mine still seem spongy, and dont stop all that well, but I think it just needs to be bled more.

What style pedals? Floor mount?

I hate floor mount pedals they just feel unnatural to me, I asked around and for my brake set up i decided 3/4 would be best although i figured no matter what i did it would end up swapping them out as soon as i drove the rig. :D