Krazy Ks new build.

Bart

So glad you're all okay and that the fire wasn't worse. Those fire extinguishers come in real handy when you need them. Good luck on the repairs.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Sooo what is your opinion of 4.88 gears, with the auto and 4.? atlas?
What stall are you running?
I really like where we are sitting right now. Our low low in the Atlas is 5.44:1. We have a TH 350 and a regular stall on the T.C. we might re gear when we go to 42s to 5.38s but we will see. To high of a stall on the T.Q. is terrible for rock crawling.

I really like where we are sitting right now. Our low low in the Atlas is 5.44:1. We have a TH 350 and a regular stall on the T.C. we might re gear when we go to 42s to 5.38s but we will see. To high of a stall on the T.Q. is terrible for rock crawling.
Interesting. I am building a buggy with 3.9/904/eco/d300. This is with 2011 rear sterling that has a e locker which limits me to 4.88 unless I get an older housing....with 40's this gives me 94.92 in double low.

your current numbers in low are 66.9 , with 5.38s you drop to 73.75.

granted you have more hp with the 5.3, but i have a lower trans 1st gear, and lower case gears.

Feeling this out, same with the TQ stall speed. Which i feel like 2200-2500 would be ok?

Last edited:

kmboren

Interesting. I am building a buggy with 3.9/904/eco/d300. This is with 2011 rear sterling that has a e locker which limits me to 4.88 unless I get an older housing....with 40's this gives me 94.92 in double low.

your current numbers in low are 66.9 , with 5.38s you drop to 73.75.

granted you have more hp with the 5.3, but i have a lower trans 1st gear, and lower case gears.

Feeling this out, same with the TQ stall speed. Which i feel like 2200-2500 would be ok?
I just called my Transmission Co and they said my stall is probably around the 2000 mark. I have wheeled with a couple rigs that have a higher stall and in the slow technical stuff they have a hard time controlling it as well as others. Seems like your lower geared than we are with your combination so that's cool.

I just called my Transmission Co and they said my stall is probably around the 2000 mark. I have wheeled with a couple rigs that have a higher stall and in the slow technical stuff they have a hard time controlling it as well as others. Seems like your lower geared than we are with your combination so that's cool.
So you wouldnt chase more gearing based on what you have with 40-42" tires?

kmboren

A new season of competition created some new changes ro the buggy. We picked up a couple of new sponsors. Artec which provided a new rear truss and mounting bracket since our old truss was very stressed and needed ro be welded after cracking. The new Artec truss is much beefier.

Matt off road recovery as a title sponsor this year. Not only do they pay Katelynn to work but also helping with much more in the way of expenses.

Mojab off-road approached us with a offer we couldn't refuse with lots of recovery gear and some help also with entry fees.

So with the new sponsors and such we wanted to change the look and design of the buggy and with the help of a local Wrap company came up with this design.
20240221_161538.jpg20240221_161609.jpg20240221_161614.jpgIMG-20240222-WA0003.jpgIMG-20240222-WA0005.jpgIMG-20240222-WA0006.jpg